NLxBB hydroponic grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ravishing_68 said:
Here, this is what I mean... I have bubblers on top dripping about 1 drop every 2-3 seconds...almost off and then a 12" air stone blowing air in the tub (pulled air stone up so I could photo it. It sits on the bottom.

I think there may be some confusion on terminology.

Bubblers are the air stones at the bottom of the DWC system containers. Air bubbles through them.

Drip tubes or Drip outlets are what drip water onto the top of the root base.

So, when you say you have bubblers dripping, you mean drip outlets on the top of the root system, right?

Yes, again SB is right on the money. I was using the incorrect terminology.

Today I ventured into the celery stalk caddy and took 15 clones. I color coded each mother plant and the three clones I took from each so perhaps later I can tell which has been the great producer. They are in a clone box that has a computer fan and flor light.

I put my plants into darkness and will start the HPS lighting and bloom nutes tomorrow.

day 30.jpg

day 30 clones.jpg

Just wondering how this grow is going. It has been a few days and I'm antsy because as my first grow attempt, I will be using NLXBB.

Ravishing_68 said:
Today I ventured into the celery stalk caddy and took 15 clones.
You'll find that if you leave about half as much leaf on your clones, you'll have much better luck with them. Don't feel bad. Everyone always starts with clones that are too big and have too many fan leaves on them. It's a natural tendency to assume that the more leaf, the better they will grow, when exactly the opposite is true, to a point.

Clones don't need very much leaf. Too much, and they transpire too much instead of making roots, they try to feed the leaf.

You want the center new growth and about two fan leaves on each clone. I have some that are just now ready to pot. Each of them has about 4 inches of roots on them.

Here's a pic of them. Notice how much leaf I left on them:

MVC-007S.JPG

Sorry it has been so long since I last post... holidays... anyhoo, I set the plants to flowering and they're doing great. One showed Male so he and his matching clones were put to hash rest. The others are doing well. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Ok here is the update, late as it is... Dec 18th day 35 pH 5.8; ppm 759; using HPS lights 12on/12off. T 79 with 46 humidity. Using dyna-bloom along with Top max bloom stimulator and some Sugar Daddy.

day 35a.jpg

day 35b.jpg

day 35c.jpg

Ravishing_68 said:
One showed Male so he and his matching clones were put to hash rest.

What do you mean by this? You cannot make hash when no trichs exist....
Your grow is looking great though! :)

If I understand your setup correct, you are using a drip system with bubbler bucket. If that is right, I was wondering how long you leave your dipper on/off for? Example: 15 mins on for every hour off...

after the roots are established in the water I turn them the lowest I can and when I put to flower I turned off the
drippers to bring down the humidity. So far so good :)

Question above about hash. The male plant I am told has much less THC but they do have some, so with this ice method it doesn't hurt to toss in the male leaves. I've not ever made hash, just reading up, this will be new to me.

Everything is looking great. Now comes the part we all love the most. Watching them buds get big fat and frosty. Keep up the great work. ;)

I've had a few people ask about my drip system so I'll post pics and websites where products are to make your own quite cheaply.

My set up was a pre assembled set up. But I'll show you links of what to buy to make your own. You can get these items at any pet/aquarium store.

the tubing: http://www.aquariumguys.com/airlinetubing3.html

T-valves: http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=TH225

I have one 12" airstone: http://www.aquariumguys.com/sab12ai.html

The drip heads: http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=121010B I've not had luck looking for the heads I have, but that is probably a good thing as mine will clog after a bit, so maybe these newer ones are what you are looking for. These heads look like they point right down to your medium, so no light, no algae :) .

Worm's way also has kits that are inexpensive, if it were me I'd probably buy one of their kits. Your pump (80gph) will probably do just fine as they don't need a lot of water they are "weeds".

I have not bought anything from these sites, I'm just using it to give you visuals.

Second picture is the box as it came from the company. I put white plastic on top to help reflect light. I just used t's (the t to the pump I put the point down through a hole I drilled into the lid which attaches to the tubing going to the pump in the water). in a tub (10 gallon)this size, I would recommend no more than 4 plants as they get in each others way when growing.

I hope this helps you out.

14-plant-hydro_small1.jpg

day 5c.jpg

Day 49; 3rd week flowering

Plants are doing great. Got a little nute burn but I figured that is my fault due to increasing the nutes for flowering. T 73, humidity 40%, pH 5.8, PPM 850. Plants are approx. 33" tall.
I got one clone that is by far surpassing the others...guess I found my mother plant :) .

day49a.jpg

day49b.jpg

day49c.jpg

day49d.jpg

Wow R68 those ladies are really starting to take off on ya and may i say they are looking great. Keep up the great work my friend and you will be smoking before ya know it. ;)

So happy to see you stuck with it after the male, working with clones from now on is gonna be smooooth sailing.:)

Thank you all for your help and advise. I made two new reservoir tubs, one for 2 mothers and one for 10 clones. They are sitting under the cfl while the others are flowering. This way they each have their special nutrients. I'll post pictures next week.

Hey Rav. Just wondering how much your little babies are smelling up the joint, no pun intended? I've heard mixed things about BBXNL smelling a ton, to barely at all. Looking great though.

Latest posts

Back