No more room!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbong

up in smoke
Reaction score
Well I have a problem. I have let my plants veg for way to long and after only a week of flowering cycle they have touched the top of my grow box. The plants are touching the lights and they are drying out quickly and burning. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Pinch the tops every day and keep them the same height forever? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to see all my hard work go down the drain this far into the game.:confused: :mad:

IMO you have two options.

1. You can try some LST and bend the plants ever so gently down so that they start growing sideways, but if they are only 1 week into flowering then you may run into the same problem again.

2. You can chop the top off. This is not really a good idea for a couple of reasons. First because your going to decrease your yield and stress the plant a little. The other reason is that you are going to delay harvest due to the plant having to spend 2 weeks recovering. This can be done, but it´s not the best idea.

The only other option is to buy a bigger grow box or a closet for flowering.

Good luck

Good advice kindphreind.:)

A little 'neckbreaking' never hurt. Better than heat stress...in my opinion.:chuck:

Good luck

DCFC0010small.jpg

kindphreind had the perfect advice... and I would try not to top it cause thats always rough on plants when they are flowering and can stunt development

kindphreind well put my friend. i would bend all the branches down that u can with out breaking them. i wouldnt cut them at all where they are in flowering because when u do that u will put them in shock and also have a chance of it turning hermie on u good luck peace

Thanks alot guys, I guess Ill have to start bending. It shouldnt be so bad once I get a couple males outa there. I just went to go look at a new townhouse today, if all goes well than I move in on the first. CLOSETS EVERYWHERE, my dream come true. That means room for hid and the sea of green begins!! Now hopefully I can make it till then without screwing up my crop.

Latest posts

Back