Noob....Am I Lucky or what ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildbrain

Reaction score
First time poster long time lurker.

This is my first atempt at growing. Growing Outdoors. Never tried this before so I grabbed some seeds out of the ol bag and look what happened.

I have spent many hours reading what all you peeps have to say about this sport, and I think I might have learned a thing or two. Some things I am sure I have done wrong but I must have done a few things right.

I cant tell forsure yet what might be male or female but from what I understand, I don't think you can't tell this early anyways.

Here are a few pics of my babies. I can tell you, that I havn't done Jack to these but water them every few days and give em lots of good ol sunshine. Thats it.

Got 11 buckets going for now but when they show sex ???

Check em out and tell me what you think.

MJ 013.jpg

MJ 016.jpg

MJ 024.jpg

MJ 026.jpg

:welcome: If they do not show sex sooner, they will show sex within a few weeks of daylight getting down to around 12 or 13 hours. Well done, by the way, they are looking pretty good.

Look nice-keep it green.

:bong: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!! :bong:

Gb

welcome to MP

heres some greenmojofor ladies

plants are looking good btw :aok:

welcome..and it looks like you can tell sex..can ya post some pics of the inter nodes? that last Plant looks way cool:aok

looks good. Just be sure to pull the males before they have a chance to pollinate. lots of good info and good guidance here.. utilize it. and You'll have a nice 1st harvest..goodluck d00d.

hey wildbrain nice to see a new grower in town,now you will be needin to feed those babies,some good old jacks grow,and for sure jacks bloom buster,nothing is cheaper or better for those outside grows with as you said bagseed,if you find a north facing area you can move any plants that may look like boyz,50-50 is a good starting point,but hell in years past I have had 7 of 10,so it is a real crap shoot,you need to look at them under a scope,cheap at any radio shack,just enjoy the ride and if you can get some close up pics we will be able to help sex them,good luck and thanks for the pics,I love a good out door grow very exciting

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I have seen a male plant that one of my buddies has growing indoor so I kind of know what to look for as far as that goes.
I am going to stop and get a scope like he had and take a closer look, I just don't think that they are showing there sex yet.

I will try and get some close up shots of the nodes and post em. Maybe someone will be able to tell me then. I do have one that I think might be a female but not really quite sure yet. Looks like a little shoot with 2 white hairs coming out of the end. But some of the other ones looked the same way and all the sudden some leaves started growing there.

I also am going to pick up some Jacks to help them along. I have heard alot of good stuff about that product.

Jacks classic is tried and true,some old hats will remember it as rapid grow,his products are water soluable and can also be foilage sprayed,and the price forget about it,2.99 for a full harvests worth,hehe,try it you'll like it

Looking great! Your a natural. Keep us posted and good luck.

Got some close ups of the nodes.
These are the ones that I think might be starting to show there sex. I don't know what they are for sure but I am thinking they might be females.
Some of you experts chime in and let me know what you think they might be.

MJ 045.jpg

MJ 047.jpg

MJ 050.jpg

MJ 057.jpg

it appears at this time they may all be girls,fantastic,now is the time to start some flowering nutes,you may also seek out some 5-7 gal wide pots,or even some cheap small garbage cans,the more room the better,also consider some tall tomato stakes,I have seen bag seed sativa take off in pre flower,I am currently growing afgan/morocan,it is 14 days into 12/12 and is still growing 3-6 inches dailey,my white majic is in day 28,heavy indica/afgan strain I have been developing the last 3 seasons,but this thread isn't about me,great job wildbrain,thanks for the pics,keep this thread alive,it will be great to watch a good outdoor grow,have you considered getting some kelp power to foliage feed,they used to and I guess still do,budswell,I picked up a can at the local shop for 17.00 it will make about 250 liters of mix,it can and trust me will increase your bud production by 50% minimum,can't wait to see them girls swell

Very nice, good to see another newb outdoor grower. Plants Look very healthy, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the progress!!

Booh Hooo !! Cry, Wine, Moan, Oh My God.....

I think that I have a couple of Males in the ol patch, about 99% sure.

Now what do I do with these ? I hate to just throw em out, or is that just what you do to these fellers ?

I don't think that my other babies are starting to show sex yet, but I suppose they will be showing in the next couple of days.

Tell me it aint so...............................

MJ 060.jpg

MJ 061.jpg

MJ 068.jpg

great job brainman,those are boyz,and unless you want seeded commericial you need to cut those boyz down and get them away from your girls,it only takes 1 of those tiny little flowers to ruin your crop,as a first time grower you have to learn that this is about growing great meds not good or o.k.,great,you can learn how to breed and clone as you go along but for this season,get rid of them and lets concern ourselves with those girls that are left,I can taste those sweet meds already,kill em,wildbrain,hehe,lol

Latest posts

Back