NorCalHal's OG Kush grow..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
banjobuzz said:
great grow NCH. got my seat. have never subscribed to a thread, and now i gotta go try it on this one. hope you don't mind if i take the liberty here to answer papa's question on the insulation.
there are chemicals that will kill your plants in all types of insulation. some of these being Boron, Boron 10, and Borax. Boron is an essential plant nutrient, although, in high concentrations, it is toxic to plants. now Borax is some deadly stuff. this stuff can do some very bad stuff to the human body, including death. i would do some intense research before using this stuff as a medium. i know these things, because i once upon a time worked for an insulation company. i worked in quality control. i did fire proof testing. i mixed, and added these chemicals' to different insulations, so it met a certain industry standard, as to become basically fireproof...
in the late 70s, early 80s, there was much the public did'nt know about the health hazards' of these compounds'. sooo, i'd go with the rockwool.
sorry so long NCH. but had to state the facts as i know 'em...
subscribing to your great grow. keep those pics' coming. we love 'em...

Thanks for that Banjo. So, the moral of the story is...Stick with horticultural rockwool.

OK, time for an update.

My Mazar room is on day 20 of 12/12.
The girls are looking GREAT! Billy Idol Everywhere!
I finally went in a week or so ago and trimmed up the bottoms real well. I cut out all the small stuff, to help concentrate the growth to the tops.

I also did alot of topping and bending to keep them "in control". Been feeding a little stronger also. Probably about 1400ppm right now, and they are taking it up. I do top of the res with plain water every couple of daze, and change the whole res out every 7-8 days.

It has really cooled down here, so my temps are running around 80 with lights on and around 70 with lights out. Super happy with this!

This is the first time I have done Mazar, and was Really hesitant to do it. But it is working out great. The buds are starting to resin out allready.

So you all know too, the Mazar clones VERY easily and quickly. Within 7 days of cut.

So, here are the pics!

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

22.jpg

NorCal;
This is the first time I have done Mazar, and was Really hesitant to do it
howdy NorCalHal, looking great(that's a shocker:rolleyes:;) ) Was this because of the "it's hard to grow" talk i've been hearing? i've also been thinkin about this strain.

lyfr said:
NorCal;howdy NorCalHal, looking great(that's a shocker:rolleyes:;) ) Was this because of the "it's hard to grow" talk i've been hearing? i've also been thinkin about this strain.

Thanks for looking lyfr!

Ya man, what I read was that is is a little difficult, but I am having no issues whatsoever. I had some buddys do Mazar back in the day and heard nothing but problems from them. But, as I said, I have no issues.

As of right now, I would fully recommend Mazar. I got the seeds from Dutch Passion. The plants u see in the pics are all clones off of the seed Mother. The Mazar Mothers are SUPER strong and healthy.
10/10 seeds germnated fyi. 5 females.

Growdude said:
Looks super, what a harvest it will be.

Thanks Growdude! Ya, I think this one is going to hit BIG. Timing is about 1 week before Thanksgiving it should be done. Man, the holiday season is almost here.

Yeah man, they look beautiful. I hear a lot of people dis DP. But i have had no problems with them. When i had my Strawberry Cough i got 5-5 girls.

Day 34 of 12/12 in the Mazar room.

WOW.

they are looking good. No real issues at all. There is definatly one particular Mazar Pheno that looks real good. It already smells like candy!

The clones came off 4 different moms, so now I have my work cut out for me to find which one was the keeper.

Here is some pics from today.

mazar_002.jpg

mazar_003.jpg

mazar_006.jpg

mazar_009.jpg

Holy Moly Hal.:hubba: ... got my eye on that girl in back right corner.:hubba: , and on left mid way back.:D ... i envy you. 80+ zips?

Thanks Banjo! There is definatly some "prize" buds in there for sure.

I will have to take some pics of the bigger Buds. They are mostly formed where I bent the stems. Everywhere I bent the tops, the buds are by far bigger then where I didn't. Goes to show how "Pinch and Bend" helps yeilds.

As far as weight, it is still hard for me to guage. 80+ seems feasable with this one.

dang hal,them babies are beautiful.i have some mazar seeds and been watching your grow before i even thought about starting them i too have heard they were hard to grow.you sure dialed them ladies in.great job

They want a low ppm, that is for sure. As you can tell by the leaf tips, I am just starting to burn them a bit. But that is what I want to do. That tells me I ma feeding MAX what the particular strain can handle. Not too much, but at the top of it's uptake.

hehe,i learned that from you.thats what i do now,i give the nutes until i see a little tip burn and know thats where they like it.i sure learned alot from you.thanks alot my friend

Another thing you can notice is how I DON'T take off fan leaves.

I'll have to get another pic of underneath where I cut most of the undergrowth out. I should have cut more, but it is filling out ok.

Great Pics Hal, Looks like a really good calyx to leaf ratio.
Looks like a bowl o noodles up close :)
Good growin.
Dexter

Ps thanks for the tip re:nute burn on the tips.

Latest posts

Back