Novice Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlndrzFlash

Reaction score
Hi folks, new guy here. I curently have 6 plants growing outside in containers. They are about 12-15" tall, still too soon to sex. I plan on transplanting half into 5 gal containers and the rest letting grow wild in a nearbuy field, just to see how they do. I'll try to post some pics later today if I can figure out how to do it.

I keep getting a message saying my pix are too big. 1.5MB as opposed to what I am allowed??

:holysheep:

pot001.JPG

At what point should I be able to sex these guys? Plants are about 18" tall now and I am just getting new leaf growth off the stalk, nothing that helpls determine sex.

Should I get these guys into bigger buckets?

When will the males start spewing forth their pollen and screwing up the females?

if you take em inside,you could put em on a 12/12 light schedule and sex em now if you want..it might take a few weeks to reveal their sex

It shouldn't be too much longer now. The solstice has passed so the days are starting to get shorter so you should see something fairly soon. You will see small green pods or balls when your males show. If you can check your plants everyday or so you should be able to catch them before they open and start doin the business. You should see the males sex first, in my exp. Are those strain or bagseed? Good luck partner.

FlndrzFlash said:
Just bagseed, its my first REAL attempt
Welcome to the adventre.. :D
My educated guess would be around the first or second week of August, your males will start to "show" themselves, with fem's following soon after.

So it would be safe to leave them close for now? I am planning on putting them in 5 gal buckets this weekend to prevent them from getting rootbound

you should be fine for now but keep a close eye just to make sure you catch the males before they drop ther pollen. good luck and welcome..

very good. keep in mind I am comparing it to stuff back, way back in the day. as in early 70s. Got a life for 30 years and I am now retired and can do whatever the **** I want to include smoke and grow pot! 1/2 half a bowl, about 1/2 the size of the first pinkie knuckle sets me right for a while.

Latest posts

Back