Nutrient Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passenger

Reaction score
Ok, I'm 99% sure I was told to not feed your plants until they get 3 real leaves which takes around 2 weeks after germinating. Is this correct? I'm just making sure I don't want to kill my babies. I've also got my Root repair would that be ok to add now? Helps the roots grow more and makes them stronger.

.No food?
Unless you're using a soil with built in ferts....
I feed em diluted 10-52-10.......from seed to about 6 inches tall.

Nah I said, I was told not to feed them until they have 3 leaves. I'm using coco-coir/peat whichever you call it.

When I use CoCo/perilite......I use the Canna CoCo line of products!
They are in pots?

I'm using 100% organic hydro ferts. Yeah they're in pots. I'll feed them when the sun goes down today but add 1/4 or 1/2 of what I should add so I don't get nute burn.

I may be wrong, but I would think that you would not want to feed them until they root real well and you can see how they react to the soil already there.

Coco and peat have no nutrients, so I imagine that you should start feeding them as soon as roots appear.

If it's in nothing but water, then all the energy used for new growth is coming out of it's leaves. (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG)

I've just started fooling around with coco.. so I may not know 'the best way' to start seeds in it.. but I soaked the coco with a dose of 240ppm (non-organic coco nutrients + kelp extract), after putting my germed seedlings in it. They seem to like it so far.

I've done the same for clones (with tiny tiny roots) that I put in coco.

For me, 1/4 of the recommended solution comes out to around 300ppm.

As for 'root repair'.. it sounds like something you'd use if your roots got damaged :confused: If it stimulates root growth, then sure, give it a try. I would recommend adding this only to part of your grow, so you can notice any difference.

Your nutrients should have instructions on it.. recommending amounts for all stages of grow.. though sometimes you have to pick up the nutrient chart at the grow shop. Did you buy these online or something?

:)

Nutes just say use 1/5/10ML Per L. Didn't get a chart and I bought at a hydro shop. It just started raining so there goes natural sun light :(. I might start using 2X 54W Fluro lights i've got but I wanted to try it all with natural light in a shaded area and I gave them 2 hours of direct sunlight yesterday I was going to give them 3 hours today then 5 the next day then so on.

It's waay late in the season to start an outdoor grow, by the way.. atleast where I'm at. Might be better to move 'em inside permanently. Especially with coco.. this stuff retains water a tad bit too well (is this why you mixed peat? what's your ratio?).

1/5/10 per L..
I guess you're meant to assume 1 ML per L at the beginning? :confused2:
Maybe give your hydro shop a call, I'm sure they'd give you more detailed instructions.

1/5/10 as in A&B Organic grow says use 5ml of A and 5ml of B per liter. Root repair says 1ml per liter.

Ah no I was just using examples.... Ok if i'm confusing people here... I'll tell you what the nutes are. A&B Organic is A = 4/1.2/5 B = 16/2/1. And the Booster is N = 1000PPM P 500PPM K 1000PPM.

just use your nutes after 2nd week-ferts can burn young seedlings-only a soft root stimo for 2 weeks

Thanks Jash, My sprouts aren't coming a long as fast due to me being a moron at the start because I forgot a lot of things. Hopefully they'll pick up and I'll post some pics if they do. If they don't I'll just buy more Durban.

theyll come up fine if you dont overfert them,then when its time for first nute drink try 1/4 strenght first,the same for root stimo 1/4 or 1/2 strenght

Latest posts

Back