Nutrients for flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
Okay, as some of you know, I like to keep it simple and not get fancy with nutes. My Indicas have always thrived with little care. But... I've got this huge Sativa, the first I've ever grown. It has more fat flowers than I've ever seen in one place, so I'm thinking how great it would be to give them a boost. It's probably 3 weeks from harvest, and I want to make sure I do it right. For pics, click the link in my sig.

It's in a 5 gallon pot and in a yard where my Lab lives. She'll eat anything that tastes like... well, anything. So far, she's ignored the plant, so I don't want to put any kind of bat guano or molasses or anything that might get her attention.

My question is, of N-P-K, which is the one to fatten up flowers. I know some nutes cause more flower production, but I think she's already got all the flowers she's going to get.
Others will make the existing flowers bigger. That's the one I want.

Can anyone advise me on this before I head out to Lowes?
Thanks experts.

I do believe that you want something higher in the P of NPK for the fruit (flower) to pack on some weight.

for the first half of bloom, I've been giving MaxiBloom by GH (5-15-14)... and in the second half I'm giving KaBloom by GH (2-45-28) as well as my regular feeding schedule... and I'm liking how things are looking :D - getting the most trich production on the most abundant flower production I've had so far on the ULT i'm growing :cool:

someone here, I'm sure, can advise you on an organic solution to your question, too.

gl, grower.

EDIT: see'ns how yer only 3 weeks from harvest, I wouldn't bother giving anything now, as the last 2, I always give just straight water....

Thanks for the info. I guess I waited a little too late to start thinking about that. But anyway, now I know, basically just something with a high phosphorus content. I'll try it next summer.

I think I'll give it one more healthy blast of good ol' 20-20-20 blue juice before I start flushing it. This looks like one hell of a big harvest coming.

The only thing helping my patience is a big tupperware bowl full of the Indica I cut in September. Maybe this time, I'll actually let one grow to full term before I rush out there and whack it. :>

Latest posts

Back