OCCG Hydro - Round 2 - OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think the final dry weight's gonna be?

• Under 1lb

• 1.0 - 1.25lb

• 1.25 - 1.5lb

• 1.5 - 1.75lb

• Over 1.75lb

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah man, this is my first time with the net. I had to use bamboo stakes last time b/c the branches got so heavy that they would break themselves. I figured the net would save a lot of headache and allow me to train them more easily.
I went ahead and pulled out the runt today and drained the bucket she was in. I took a look at the roots and it looks like she only had one little taproot coming out with very few root hairs and no lateral roots. Pretty poor plant. Oh well...

Nice grow occg. I like that you did a rootopsy. Not too many want to know why something happened or didn't.

Thanks man, I'm taking a plant biology / botany class right now. I think it's all fascinating stuff. A lot of it's really confusing when you get down to the cellular level but I'm sure starting to understand plants way better than I did before.

sweet growth at 30 days? i am just finishing up my first dwc, kinda a test.
loving it so far. its not as elaborate as yours. hmm, maybe next time.

still watching closely OH. you go dude. those look very nice.

i would have pitched gimp long ago. i know, its the connection thing.;) :cool: ...bb...

Ok guys, we're on day 33 now. The girls are at 1000ppm and are drinking about 2 gal of water/day with the ppm dropping every time they feed! Figured I'd post a couple pics. The canopy's lookin great! I love that trellis net! It makes it so much easier to train these things where I want them. I'm going to flush the system with clearex on sunday night and then monday it's time for the switch to 12/12. Stay posted, it's almost time for the fun to start! Stinky dog's getting anxious! she likes to chew on the stems when I'm done harvesting & trimming the plants.

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

thanks dude! this is actually my first time using the screen but it seems to work great! it's way more convenient than trying to stake and tie plants all the time.

very nice oc hydro.:) . how old will they be monday when you flower?

did you top them? nice color, and growth. grow on...bb...

they'll be 37 days old on monday. I topped them, waited about a week and then pruned them up from the bottom to encourage more branching and allow for better air flow through the plants when they start flowering

Switched the girls over to 12/12 on sunday night, flushed them all night & loaded up the bloom nutes @ 1000ppm on monday. Today I pruned up the area below the net to get better air flow and encourage bigger buds above the net where they're gonna get more light. I'm happy with the way the canopy looks, hopefully they don't stretch too much. I leave the MH on for the first two weeks of flower to help keep them from stretching out and then it's time for the monster HPS.

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

great job brother, just switched mine on the 18th, ill post a pic here in your thread, or just check my sig for updates, i love the way your plants look, your taking good care of them.

beauty oc hydro.:D :cool: . man, i hope you make it on height restriction.

i'm very interested here on 1- is the trim in late veg going to help slow the upward growth, 2- is the mh going to do what you want as far as slowing upward growth,?

how much up you got in there? am i missing something oc? cause it don't look enough. if they stretch 3x, well???

i'm watching closely. look toward another week. those are gonna be monsters if you pull this one off bro...bb...

The late veg trim won't help with height. I top them to get them to branch more and that helps with the height a little. The pruning on the bottom is for air flow and shaping. If anything it might make them stretch more from the stress of pruning right before flowering. I usually do my pruning in 2 stages (after they've been topped) so that there's a week or two between the last pruning (major prune) and the switch to 12/12 and then I do a little bit of clean up within a day or two of the switch. If you prune too much, to close to the switch to 12/12, it delays flowering because of the stress and you end up with more stretch than normal. I learned the MH trick years ago when I was doing soil. If you leave the MH on them for 2 weeks they still stretch but it keeps the internode length more compact than you get with a HPS. The plants are about 24-26 inches right now. I've got about another 18" before my light's as high as it gets. with 18" of growth they'll be about 14" from the light when it's maxed out. Any taller than that and they're gonna start getting too close to the bulb. This is a 60% indica cross on both varieties so I'm expecting that it won't stretch that much. If it does I'm going to be more worried about the branches supporting themselves than I am about how close they get to the light. In that case I'll just do some really unconventional training up towards the corners.

i remove half of lower growth 2 weeks into flowering, after alot of stretch has occured. I thought about using a mh in the first few weeks of flower, but i keep my 1000w air cooled and about a foot off my plants, so they stay pretty bushy, not enough stretch for me to try an mh, but hey, maybe down the road!

great job man, i always look forward to your updates, your doing things the way they should be done, i respect that alot, seems a lot of people dont do that.

BTW, have you tried bloombastic? Everyone local says 40-50% increase in harvest weight, trying it now, but have yet to see results, im only a week in, but my hydro stores cant keep it in stock, and one guy bought 5 bottles. Thats about 1100.00 for 5 bottles, he sais he will never use anything else. I will let you know how it goes, but im in soil, so my yields shouldnt be as much as yours. GL brother.

little tiny, itty-bitty buds starting to pop out at the meristems! I'll post pics on sunday when I do the res change. The girls are at 1000ppm right now, on their 6th day of 12/12 and lookin great! They're MONSTERS now. I'm hoping they don't have too much stretch left in 'em. Still got about another 16" I can raise the light if I need to.

6th day? man, me and you are gonna be harvesting roughly the same time, this should be a fun grow man.

I thought I'd post a little update on the LST mother I've got growing under CFL's. She was one of the MK clones that I cut a few weeks ago. I planted her in a small pot full of loose rockwool. She got plain RO water with no nutes for a while so she's a little on the light side, with a little bit of yellowing at the leaf tips. She's at 250ppm right now, going up to 500 next week. I just LST'd her yesterday and she's responding well. As she grows I'm going to train her in a circle around the rim of the pot. I'm still waiting on a bunch of the SDxOG clones to show good roots. About 1/2 of them have rooted so I'll probably end up doing the same with one of them and donating the rest. Eventually the mothers are going to get transplanted in to their own DWC buckets.

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

Today's the end of week 1 of 12/12. Just did the reservoir change. Upped the girls to 1150ppm instead of 1200. It seemed a little quick to me. If the PPM starts dropping I'll go ahead and up them but at the moment they're taking in more water than nutes so I don't want to burn them. Everything's going really well. They're HUGE and they're starting to pop out little buds!

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

Latest posts

Back