OCCG Hydro - Round 2 - OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think the final dry weight's gonna be?

• Under 1lb

• 1.0 - 1.25lb

• 1.25 - 1.5lb

• 1.5 - 1.75lb

• Over 1.75lb

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had a bunch of AN piranha left over from my last grow. It's some kind of beneficial fungi or something that's supposed to help promote healthy root growth. I wasn't able to use it last time because I was using h202 to control algae. This stuff says it's supposed to increase root mass by up to 700% so we'll see how well it works.

banjobuzz said:
hows gimp handl'in 500? bump her up man:rolleyes: ...bb...

I decided to up them to 350 instead of 500 because of gimpy. We'll see how she's doing on day 15. So far she's handling it pretty well. I'm almost considering pulling the bucket that she's in out of the system and putting her in her own DWC so that I can keep the nutes seperate on her. The rest of the babies are handling it fine and look like they're ready for the switch to 500. I'll up them in 2 more days. The AN feeding schedule is a little bit aggressive for my taste. In the mean time I think I'm going to work on switching one of the buckets to DWC and isolating it from the rest of the system. I've never done a DWC before so this is a complete crap shoot but it seems like a better idea than holding back 8 beautiful plants on account of one stunted one. I'll hold off a couple of days and see if she makes any progress but I think the solution for the runt is a seperate reservoir @ a lower ppm than the rest of the plants.

Sorry nostril, I wasn't try'n to be harsh earlier, just not in a great mood this morning. Anyway, I went ahead and did it. I switched the bucket that the gimp is in to it's own DWC system. Hopefully this'll work. I guess it's either going to fall over dead or pop back to life. At least this way I can control the ppm for that one plant independent of the rest of the system. I went ahead and dropped the ppm on gimpy down to 150 @ 5.6 pH and upped the rest of the girls to 500ppm. If anybody has any advice on DWC let me know. I've never tried this so it should be interesting. The rest of the girls look beautiful!!! I'm really excited to see how they take the nute increase.

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

what kind of air pump are you using, also, when you change out nutes, do you take them out of their buckets and put them in a fresh bucket? or do you just drain and refill?

I built a dwc setup, pretty nice actually, but i wanna wait until i have a good mother plant to take cuttings from.

JBonez said:
what kind of air pump are you using, also, when you change out nutes, do you take them out of their buckets and put them in a fresh bucket? or do you just drain and refill?

I built a dwc setup, pretty nice actually, but i wanna wait until i have a good mother plant to take cuttings from.

I can't remember the exact specs on my air pump. It has 2 outputs. one of them goes to my reservoir and the other goes to the DWC bucket. Both leads have 6" air stones on the end. I put the air pump on top of the reservoir lid and let the A/C blow cold air over it so that it keeps my res. at about 68 degrees. The plants are all in 10" mesh pots, which hang in the 5gal buckets. The pots have a 6" rockwool block surrounded by hydroton. All of the DWC setups I've seen use 4" mesh pots and straight hydroton with a 1" rockwool plug, so we'll see if this works. I checked the gimp this morning and she looks the same, no better no worse, so I guess it's a good sign that she's not dead. When I do nute changes for the drip system I drain all the water in the reservoir, refill with RO water and pump it through the drain system (all of the buckets are connected to one another by 1/2" tubing) instead of the drippers. That way the RO water mixes with the water sitting in the bottom of the buckets and drains back to the reservoir. Then I drain all the water again and re-fill with new nutes. Run through the drain again to mix it, re-adjust the nutes again & then run it through the drippers. Every two nute changes I flush the plants so instead of running the RO water through the drain line I just run it through the drippers and let it drain out. The DWC bucket is attached to the rest of the system at the drain line but it has no dripper and it has an on/off knob on it so it's independent of the rest of the buckets. When I need to change the nutes in that I'll turn the knob & let the bucket drain out to the reservoir & then re-fill it with fresh nutes. Not quite sure what you mean by putting them in a fresh bucket. Not quite sure if I'm really stoned and just rambling nonsense. Hopefully my explaination of how I have everything set up makes sense.

thanks, i guess thats pretty cool, by changing buckets i meant having spare buckets that are cleaned between use.

JBonez said:
thanks, i guess thats pretty cool, by changing buckets i meant having spare buckets that are cleaned between use.
nope, the buckets are all connected to one another so they don't move once they're in there. I take them out in between crops and clean them with bleach. Once they go in they stay there. They get cleaned by flushing them out with straight RO water when I change the nutes. The hydroton leaves red clay powder in the bottom of the buckets no matter what so trying to keep them spotless is kind of a losing battle and doesn't really make a difference. I use a filter bag for my water pump so that thing catches most of the junk floating around in the water.

I cut 16 clones today so I figured I'd post some pics and do a little update. Other than breaking a brand new snowboard yesterday, the girls are still doin' great & everything is going well!

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0164.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

Cut 12 more clones today. The ones I cut the other day are starting to spring back up towards the lights. The gimp that I switched over to the DWC bucket is finally starting to show some new growth and the other girls are branching out great after the pruning.

Thanks guys! I feel like I've got it way more dialed in this time too! We'll have to see how the runt affects the yield but everything's looking verrrrrrrry promising!

Hey guys! The girls are on day 23 of veg @ 800ppm & doing great! The runt is still doing its runt thing so I'm going to start training the rest of the plants toward the center to try and maximize the space I have available. It's not looking too good for the little guy. I'd say that in 23 days it's grown about an inch. I'm almost wondering if it's a problem leaving it in there. I don't know what's wrong with it and I'm kind of wondering if I should worry about it being a virus or something. Any suggestions would be great!

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0294.jpg

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

So we're at day 27 & the girls are EXPLOSIVE!!! I upped them to 1000ppm today, we'll see how they handle it. I think that's about as high as I'm going to take them before switching to flower. I got some trellis netting and started pulling the branches back under the net to train them towards the center. The runt is still a runt. It looks like it always will be, so I think I'm gonna call the time of death in a few days & pull it. I'm not sure why I keep waiting on this plant. I think I'm hoping that it'll magically bust out a bunch of nodes overnight or something :confused:. Anyway, the girls look like they've got about 10 more days until I switch them over to 12/12. Just waiting for them to fill up the screen a little bit more.

DSCN0366.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

I dont know if its your first time using that net bro, but your gonna love when there in flower! Ive been using 1 for a lil bit and the buds just lean on them:D

Latest posts

Back