Oh Snap!! Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgrowth

Reaction score
Ok first grow, 9 days into flower, just about ready to sex my plants, my timer fails and I miss one dark cycle, lights were on through 12 hour dark period, so I cut my lights they are in dark now but I missed that dark cycle, I assume its best to keep 12/12 as is now? My room is capable of darkness during the day, so I can continue like this.Are my plants going to freak out on me?

I had the same problem last week with my timer. I partied for like three days straight around the fourth of july and messed up my 12/12 two days in a row and my plant that was four weeks into flower went hermie on me instantly. So that can definitly mess up your plants but then it might not. Youll just have to wait and see. My three other plants didnt go hermie so maybe some strains are more resistant to becoming hermie than others. Definitly try to keep that 12/12 undisturbed.

If that's the worst that happens to your grow, you shouldn't even notice a blip really.

I hope they are ok, I'm going to try and sex them tonight after this 12 hr dark period.So far it looks like I have 3 males out of 10, the other thing i'm starting to worry about is ceiling room, these things went crazy after i switched to DWC, fox farm, and CO2, I might have to post some pics to help with sexing. My second grow is started with 5 WW and 5 skunk special from Nirvana, I have 5 SS a inch tall and so far 3 WW. Thats half my bean supply, I'm hoping to get my moms from them.Wishing everyone luck on there grows

maineharvest said:
maybe some strains are more resistant to becoming hermie than others.

this is true. i had a problem like yours when i went out of town for 4 days. the first day i left the breaker went out and the power shut off to my room. finally my dad fixed it later that night, wich changed the time schedual but still 12/12. when i got home i had to change them back to the correct time (6am-6pm). and after doing that my girls are still looking healthy and fine. so good luck, i hope your plants come out ok.

newgroth if they get to tall you can just bend the stem over about a foot to 18 inches from the tops and let them grow bent sidways. Just bend them over till the stem bends but not enough to break the bark. The stems will heal back making a knot where you bent it and they will arch back up from there. Ill get you a picture tonight where i did some of mine. The healed the bend but still budded fine. PS Bend them just like bending a straw till it colapses where you bent it. The stems should stay bent over 90% as they heal they will straighten up slightly.

I appreciate that, I had new clue what I was going to do about the height, tricks of the trade I guess, I'll wait for the pics, thanks alot

Latest posts

Back