old timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiegy2k

Reaction score
ello everyone, glad to have found this site cos many a bud has been burnt since the last time I did my last grow. Give you an idea I learnt my basics on overgrow.com some 6-7 years ago! So when I came looking for it, could I find it? nope! So i've ended up here and after reading through the forums a bit, it seems like i've found where OG (or the spirit of it) moved to :clap: if you don't mind me saying.

So hello, look forward to sharing thoughts 'n picking your brains (done 4-5 small'ish grows with reasonable success back in the day) so i've come groveling back hoping to get a bit of a refresher. :hitchair:

so is bubblegum #3 still a popular strain? lol im showing my age now.

laters

Welcome To MP Robbie, you definitly picked a good site there's lots of good information as well as people! Enjoy the site!

Phatpharmer

robbiegy2k said:

so is bubblegum #3 still a popular strain? lol im showing my age now.

laters

:giggle::giggle:LOL--showing your age :confused: :giggle::giggle:? Many of us started growing many, many years before there was anything like "Bubblegum #3"--we may be old enough to be your parents or maybe even your grandparents :eek::D.

Thanks everyone. lol guess your right HG, back when I was learning their were lots of people that had been doing it for decades!

Welcome Robbie,
We have lots of good folks with lots of experience and always willing to share, but what would your expect from a stoner community?
As far as showing your age with the bubblegum, when I started growing we had pot, good pot and bad pot, no names, no strains, no hybrids, just pot.
The good ole' days were'nt all that good.
But you've certainly found the best MJ community on the net, jump in and enjoy.

cubby said:
Welcome Robbie,
We have lots of good folks with lots of experience and always willing to share, but what would your expect from a stoner community?
As far as showing your age with the bubblegum, when I started growing we had pot, good pot and bad pot, no names, no strains, no hybrids, just pot.
The good ole' days were'nt all that good.
But you've certainly found the best MJ community on the net, jump in and enjoy.

lol cheers cubby, well at least you didn't waste time sitting around choosing which strains you wanted to try next!

And very true, stoners just wanna get high so no need to be selfish.. When you got your bud, you got all you need :D (well nearly!).

Im working on a setup that came to me 'outta nowhere' and to see the paper i've jotted it down on it looks like a 'mad mans work'.. a 15ft by 15ft room :eek: Just out of interest, I was looking to do 4 scrogs leaving enough space to walk between the trays but as height isn't an issue would you go for bigger lights (1000w) and grow them tall (topping them once) or use a few extra small lights (600w) and scrog it? Just a simple 'posts/garden string grid system' type of thing. Extra work but means less plants and hopefully beter yield?

Im in a bit of a nice position in that equipment isn't really a problem as this is a bit of a 'joint' venture.... :giggle: :eek: and we've already got things like the venting system sorted. Im still in 2 minds weather to scrog or go for some nice sativa's 'n grow them nice 'n tall :confused:

I would go with the most light you can get in the available area and grow tall plants. I prefer taller plants to filling the space with a short thick canopy. I've tried sea of green. The finnished wieght was nice but I didn't care for all the extra trimming of smaller buds. Just my opinion but if you have the hieght, light, and ventilation fewer tall plants are just easier. I don't really think you get a greater yield with sea of green because you're using lateral space as opposed to verticle. Additionaly theres less air movement with a heavy canopy therefore providing more suseptability to fungal desease and critter invasions that can become serious before you notice it.

Latest posts

Back