Once into full flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clever_intuition

Reaction score
Is there still a chance of your plant turning hermie if you forget to turn off the lights for......lets say an hour?

I did this this morning....I just could not wake up:eek:

or your plant will sprout a "weewee" LOL

happy now?

whoawhoa said:
Of course not, or your plant will sprout a "weewee" LOL

This is already what I am asking....why would you say "of course not".......and then say "it will grow a wee-wee":rolleyes: in the same post?

um...

Cus I thought it would be fun :D

Stop acting like a caveman and quit making fun of me.

from what i have read, its not so much about getting accidental longer light
period that causes Hermies. Their Dark period getting interrupted is a lot
more critical

Had a timer fail on me once for 4 hours...didn't pop a banana "that" time...but like everyone else said...don't make it a habit.

whoawhoa....got some knowledgable peeps here...makes sure its a useful post when its a question. Clever spent a lot of time and energy into his grow....he asked for input, sounded like you were making fun of him. We have a great sense of humor around here....but we leave it in the coffee table. Thanks bro and welcome to the forum. ;)

Wow, I just realized I don't know anything about what causes your plants to go Hermie...

Interrupting light on/off cycles, ...?

you want a female to turn hermie....turn the lights on at about 6 hrs. into its dark period for 2 days.. ;)
It'll be full of useless seeds.
Hermies are caused by stress. Whether plant abuse or light (photoperiod) changes. MJ like as much "natural" enviro as it can get. ;)

No, I want to know how to prevent having a hermie.

whoawhoa said:
Wow, I just realized I don't know anything about what causes your plants to go Hermie...

Interrupting light on/off cycles, ...?

My point exactly......do not post if you do not know.

Read and learn. Just my opinion though.:cool:

Hahaha, I love your posts clever...

Anyway sorry if my little "weewee" comment offended you. I was just messing around, didn't feel like using the word Hermie to describe what would happen.

:D

Thanks for setting me straight guys. Now maybe you could give me some other examples of what causes a Hermaphrodite?

Wouldn't it be beneficial to turn a male hermie? then at least you got bud. :p With dry season coming up and all....

i forgot switch of lights for 3 times for 5 ,10 and 30 min during first 3 weeks of flower and i had a fem turned hermie and just one bunch of bananas at another plant,hope you wont get one

just don't stress the plants by interupting the dark cycle.
unless you have a seed from a hermie to start with, then it might grow into one with or without your power over the plants lighting.

whoawhoa said:
No, I want to know how to prevent having a hermie.

Mutt said:
you want a female to turn hermie....turn the lights on at about 6 hrs. into its dark period for 2 days.. ;)
It'll be full of useless seeds.
Hermies are caused by stress. Whether plant abuse or light (photoperiod) changes. MJ like as much "natural" enviro as it can get. ;)

hermie seeds are useless...i.e. you can use em for your next grow?

Latest posts

Back