Outdoor Requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
:cool: What's up everyone!
Being successful with my first grow has given me some confidence to try an outdoor grow. My friend has a lot of ground in Northern California that is pretty close to a river. The land gets flooded during the winter time by the river water. We want to throw some plants out in the next couple weeks and i just want to see what you guys think.
I want to dig two foot holes and throw some vermiculite or something that will help water stay in the soil. It averages in the middle 90's here during the summer and I don't know if plants will survive without a ton of water! Someone suggested getting a five gallon bucket and drilling a little hole creating a mini drip system....how long do you think it take before i had to refill that bucket?
As far as nutrients go, do I need any? If so, can someone help me on what type and what to do? I still have some bcuzz nutrients left over from my indoor grow.
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
BW

hi BIGWEEDO, sounds like you got yourself i decent plot there mate, yeah i dont see why you couldnt do it. get them plants out there whenever you can, the sooner there out the bigger theyll be, right. ive thought of a similar technique for dripper and i think its a good idea. if its close to the river, do you really need vermiculite? how close is your plot to the river? if you can get a photo posted of the plot it would be better, but i think it sounds like a good place to grow.
as far as nutrients go, im using IONIC so i dont see why you couldnt use BCUZZ. although if you mix worm castings or some sort of sh*t (not fresh) into the soil, then they probably wont need feeding until around mid-late july, and even then start them on a wealk dose and gadually add more. whats the water from the river like? that could be a good source if needed.

hope this helps 85CANNABLISS

How big would my plants get if i started germing seeds right now? Would it be worth growing?
Thanks
BW:tokie:

yeah its worth it. i mean its not much money and youll be saving, and thats the point. you should still get a couple oz off a plant. i planted some seeds on saturday and i dont think its a waste. im also gonna do a 'sea of green' outside starting them early august.

what are some really hardy outdoor strains that could be cheap?(i currently have blueberry...i hear is extremely hard to grow....and afgani x master kush) also how long will it take for a plant to get its full set of leaves instead of only 3?

I had 4th ofjuly plants get waiste high and bushy. It all depends on weather soil and strain. slim I would grow them inside till they get a foot or so and then waite on a nice rain to put them out. Go ahead and get you holes ready while there growing and your waiding on a rain. Put them out right after the rain. And it might help to put them in the ground past the second leaves so they have a deeper root. Slim

good idea LTG, i found that planting them that deep the wind hardly budged them, and they only bent slightly, even in strong winds. which is a good thing, considering they have no kind of strong winds like that inside.

PATANDY, ive been told that ANY purple bud is a good finisher in the uk, regardless to the weather. so that would be a deffinate. also, an early strain would mean you dont need to hope for the best, if a harsh winter starts early.

good luck with your decision, ill keep my eyes out for your dairies guys 85CANNABLISS

Latest posts

Back