Outside Clone To Inside Plant..ouestions.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot1073

Reaction score
:confused:WHATS UP,I HAVE A OUESTION,CAN I TAKE A CLONE FROM A OUTSIDE PLANT THATS ABOUT 1 MONTH OLD AND PUT IT ON 12/12 LIGHTING TO GET IT TO SHOW SEX???SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT IN A CUP OF WATER OR PUT IT STRAIT IN SOIL???HERS A COUPLE OF PICTURES IAM NOT REALLY SURE ON THIS.HOW LONG WILL IT LIVE IN JUST WATER? ITS MY FRIST TIME CLONEING AND I WANT TO GET IT RIGHT..IVE READ A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS BUT IM STILL NOT SURE...

Opps

clone.jpg

clone 1.jpg

Depends on what the goal is with the clone.
If it is just to tell sex then a cup of water and 12/12 under a flo or two will work.

If you want to root it. Then you can keep it in a cup of water under 24 hrs. of light.

If you want to root it in soil. You will need to purchase some rooting hormone powder found at most greenhouses. Look for Shultz take root or Rootone. Just follow the directions and make a humidity dome.

Thanks Mod.will It Hurt To Have It Under A 400w Hps To Show Sex Then Put It In Soil If Its A Girl??? Can It Be Done Like That?

It's best to just root her first. Get the root system established prior to force flowering. Keep the HPS further away than ussual. During the rooting process the plant does not require as much light intensity as a rooted plant. Keep it under 24/0 or 18/6 lighting until it roots. You will also need to put a humidity dome over it and mist it every day w/ R/O water.

I would take more than one cutting though. At least two. That way your not putting all your eggs in one basket. If its a girl. You can keep one in veg. flower the other to tell sex. and just keep the one going as a donor.

Thanks Mod... Time To Go..gotta Cut Another Clone..

went out and cut myself another clone.now its time to waite,please be girls.thanks again MUTT.that way if its a girl no more growing from seeds...

Latest posts

Back