Paging Seasoned Greenthumbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forget

Reaction score
Newbere with a couple of questions:

1)My Plant is about 3 weeks old and its in good shape it seems, nice strong stem, pretty solid leaves but still can't figure out if its a female or not... Ive read many websites but just can't figure it out, and advice?

2)Im currently set up on a 18/6 cycle and wanted to know when I should adjust this.

3)When is it an indication that I should start "flowering"? Must admit that im still confused what flowering means, could anyone be so kind to shed some light for me?

Appreciated all the help I got here and cant thank you brothers and sisters enough.

your plants won't starting showing sex until you change the light cycle to 12/12. usually after about 4 weeks is a good time to change over to 12/12

depends at what size you want it to end up at remember usually during flowering(budding stage) the plant will stretch a foot or two so always keep that in mind , i dont think there is an indication that you should start flowering maybe it will start to show sex sometime soon but usually ppl flower whenever they feel like it or whatever the space thier working in allows them

I disagree with Umbra. I have had alot of my plants show sex before going into flower. He is right about flowering at 4 weeks. Mj is usually sexually mature at that time to flower. Another way to be sure is that if your plants have alternating nodes. You will have to look that one up if you don't know what it means. And when you want to start flowering, just switch the lights to 12/12 and u are good to go.

Thanks All.

How about vase size, im using a cut out bottle of 2L soda, half way up. Is that enough?

forget said:
Thanks All.

How about vase size, im using a cut out bottle of 2L soda, half way up. Is that enough?

for every 12" of plant height, you will need about 1 gal.
2ft plant will need a 2gal. pot.
also remember she will double in size after you flick to 12/12

Latest posts

Back