Painting white question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Feelgood

Reaction score
Hello everyone,newbie here with a question.
I have a box set-up that's 5"high4"wide and 2 1/2 deep and have no mylar ,only reflective bubble wrap.the plants are in ,only sprouts with a couple of leaves and i want to paint it flat white,how long do you think i have to wait before i can put them back in the box with out fumigaten them to death or blowing up the box.
so far so good with my little grow despite my very limited funds,i have 4 cfls at 1000 lumens each per my calculations and 1 2ft grow tube 75watt cant find the lumens anywhere,will be adding 4 more cfls this week,no ventilation as i can open my door quite often.temp is always steady at 76.1 degrees. will have pics soon as i will start a grow journal,oh yeah bagseed from some very,very,good locally grown plants.

The Dr.

If you use latex wall paint, 2 hours will probably do.

sooner or later, you are going to have to deal with the ventilation issue. You can't grow pot without fresh air circulation AND the ability to seal off "all" light for 12 hours.

HippyInEngland said:

So use paint with the dull side out ;)

:p

:peace:
????huh? i dont get it lol paint got 2 sides? lol

Just paint it with Flat White Latex Paint. It will dry to touch in about 30 minutes. Give it a total of an hour in most conditions,, and your ready. Ive been in the business for 30 years.
Hippy is messen wit ya. The flat white,,is dull.;) And as for as Im concerned works just as good as Mylar. Put it this way,,I have used both and did not see a difference. The Paint is easy and it dont wrinkle.:D AND,,if yur in a hurry to get rid of evidence,,ya dont have to remove the paint.:ignore:

CowboyBudsky said:
AND,,if yur in a hurry to get rid of evidence,,ya dont have to remove the paint.:ignore:
excellent point there in my mind and yet as effective as hanging reflectants if not better..

Latest posts

Back