part of my paradise - it could be better... NEEDS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panic in paradise

meditaker/cultivator
Reaction score
hiya, i made a thread in NMI while back that i was going to post my grow rooms, and ask for some guidence. things have changed, many many times lol.

im in organic soil i mix and amend my self now in grow bags.

im leaning back to hydro because of cost now, as far soil amendments atre concerned, the growth, and i miss the tiny bubbles. im going to put either a Purple Haze or a Maui BigBud in a 5G DWC to clone out; the haze that is. i will most likely do both as the MBB wants to be big, and grow slow.

but flood tables are my focus, and springing clones for a med group, i realy want to do this right, this is my first chance and i am capable of representing some kick *** BlueBerry, P Haze & other exotics or heavy med strains, but have no one to bounce ideas off of, or who has the experience and want to give some advice.

i cant post any pics yest, because of my post count - but i will post again soon with a description of my gear, and goals.

so i have a 10 and 20 gallon cooler, a 5 gallon bucket, a 15 gallon rubber maid container i use to store prepared soil, a 20 gallon rubbermaid, assorted grow bags/pots.

a container i use to hold a group of clones in that is maybe.. 6"deep 12"x24", a 75gpm pump(?), 1 400w hps ballast/wing reflector. 1 400w MH/HPS ballast, and cool breeze SS reflector, 2 4' T12 and 2 4' T10. plus lots of cfl's laying around.

the space is a large walk in closet with a 45 degree ceiling + shelving, its odd and convenient, lots of possibilities... but how to utilize?!?

yeah, i need some panda plastic or visqueen badly before the flowering room is going to kick off... :\ but im disabled, so broke, and the lining is going to be ghetto or a lot of work.

ease excuse my absence, i had to go over some of the pertinent details, with the wifey ;)

i have changed and rearaged several times, and now i have my flower room back to where it eas before,, only im using the cooltube reflector in there and sustainin a 75-82 temp rather then 85-90+ with the wing...

so the wing is in the veg room, i have several in organic soil still, but 6 now in ebb&flood, with tremendous success, i dont know why i ditched my hydro systems?!?

but, i now have this big *** DIY flood table. i have 4"square pots with 1.5'' of rock wool at the bottom, then a 60/40 RW hydroton mix, topped with 65/35ish cococoir and perlite.

the table is 3'x3'.5x6".

i went to the hydro store looking for a wick mat, cocotek or someting to line the surface of the table with. the 4" pots i planned on placing on 4" RW blocks. now though im filling the bottom 1/4-1/3 of the table with RW cubes, having a 1/2 screened nozzle extended up high enough to spray the surface, or pour in from 2 or 4 corners, with 2 1/2" or 3/4" drains. using a 15 and 20 Gl rez to change out with.

my PH has been stady at 6.2 or so. i just ran it with some RW cubes to see how it ran, and how the RW handled the water, im fairly new with RW, and am nervous, but it seems nicley saturated in the pots, feels damp yet solid/crispy, but wont drip/run out the corner.

strains are - purple ice - maui bigbud - ATF - kabul

2 heavey bottom feeders, and 2 medium/heavy feeders.

i still cant figure out the pics, maybe its because im on a mac...

i have some orchids i was trying to post as well.

:postpicsworthless:

:bolt: :bong2:

why thank you, my wife and i never felt at home until we got here 7 years ago... :) im going to need some luck, ive been running my veg table with some RW chunks partially filling the bottom to wick with, get an idea of flood, and dry time until the RW is about 25% wet.

i had the square pots inside matching pots making an octagone giving a 1/2" of air space or so, i dropped the pots in fitted last night, there is some breathing room of course, but i just did it to see how the RW reacted, and because the tops were drying faster on this scheduel. i think i sould top feed ocasionally and leave the space at the bottoms till they go on the blocks.

i changed it to run from 2pm-2:02 + 8:3opm-8:33 + 2am-2:02 + 7:3oam-7:32
thats 9 minutes wet. with the longest dry time leading up to the longest flood, then into the second longest dry time.

i have several other strains as well, some in soil, some seedlings(2xjorges diamond i think one is a male) blueberry which i have a hand made sweet soil for mm mmm, purple haze(purple thaixhaze no.1 pure gold baby!) damn indica(amazing - giving to my patient for sure!), more ak, some random ultrafunkulauglyazZ sKunk indica *scratches head, and an ungermenated soma deisel... as well as a germenating unknown, but a quality looking little hard grey and black popper.

i know this thread is worthless with pout pics pcduck, but, 4 more posts i guess.

where's the social thread?!? i found something interesting in my unopened rockwool slab last night.

You are able to post pictures right now you do not need a certain number of posts.

I posted a picture my second post here.

You only need 15 post if you want to post outside links and MariP frowns on outside links anyway.

well now my wife took over the regular comp. and im on linux a foriegn strange thing to me, as my HD's down on this PC with no usb capabilities....

now its too hyped anyway. ; )

sorry yall, please dont lose interest and give up on me!!! there's so much more to do! haha

Edit: yessss, got it.

as i said above, i have 4"square pots with 1.5'' of rock wool at the bottom, then a 60/40 RW hydroton mix, topped with 65/35ish cococoir and perlite, my plan is to fill the bottom 1/4-1/5 of the table with grow cubes, to wick and give the roots room to run. i feel im going to need 2 1/2" drains, or maybe a 3/4" or 2. i would rather allow the water to run in from the corners, or extend my screened spout or an actual sprinkler up high enough to maybe cover a good area, more evenly.

in the corner is a DWC lid with a 4" net pot, i was concidering utilizing a few of these in this set up, but not now...

also is my first quick make bubble cloner, since yesterday there has been wilting on one leaf, but every thing is standing up right now, not laying on the lid. i could cut 5-6 more clones now, and am considering using the dwc lid with RW over more bubbles.

i will post pics of my vegetation and more propagation situations soon...

floodtableflowering.jpg

clonebubler.jpg

clonebubblerwhole.jpg

veg space

ebb & flood with a 15 gallon rez and 6 containers, water is very cool, and ph still hanging at 6-6.3, the rest of the plants are in organic soil, the light is a 400w MH with a wing. also a 4' t12 and a 26w sw cfl.

the pic on the right is across maybe 4' from the MH, with another 4' t12. i use this area for hardening off, or placing veging plants right under the floros when i shut the MH off, which is rarely, always light, every one gets the apropriate vegatative lumens, i beleive; 3k-5k Lmns.

my clone dome is going to move over to the other side above the halide, it stays more dark, and warm then where it is now so... on the shelf above the halide is the buble bucket, not above but 3-4' away. above that shelf is a light socket sticking out horizontaly where i have a 15w 6500k cfl in a thick white dome lense, i rarely turn that on. all my clone batches have much different results then the last, good or bad... i think i have been letting them get too much light for one.

i tried blacking out that space where the soil and containers are to be my flowering room, allowing the light to mix half the day, but i couldnt do it with the supplies and funds i have.

the hydro gave an amazing burst in growth, like what i was expecting going from t12's and cfl's to hid, but no, its the hydro... i shouldnt of stopped using it before, but some plants like my blueberry and peuple haze are staying in MY organic sweeeet soil ;-P

i swear im a damn good photographer, and my room is not as small and messy as it seems in these pics!

i dont know what kind of response im looking for, im fairly confident with this set up, except my cloning skills... but i do not feel in rythem, and it seems things should be moving differently. my main concern is the flowering flood table, experimenting with the RW covering my veg tray bottom is going good, nothing has gone soggy, so far, and the pot medium feels moist and cool inside after 6+ hours of not feeding. so far it has been 9 minutes a day broken up.

Edit:
the ph has only risen slightly, i finally watered at 9:30pm for 1 minute, after not watering since 2am. the RW was like 35% wet in the table, and beggining to dry on the outer layer of the RW cubes in the pots. i gently squezed some water out of one of the RW's in the table to check its ph, it read 7. i started with maybe 7 gallons of water, and added another gallon with some super thrive, at a ph of 5, since the ph was at or near 6.5.

the growth has been substantial, my purple ice regrow is taking off, and the ATF seemed to of growen 1.5-2" the past 18 hours....

___________________________ ---2/24
Edit:
watering 3x a day, 2 minutes 2x 1 minute once, ph 6-6.3, RW pieces surrounding pots keeps a ph of 7, the drain off from the 1.5" RW cubes lining the bottom of the pots is showing an 8?!?

they all seem happy... and are either developing a proper 'body structure' or in the case of the ATF, it has grown 2x its size since transplanting to E&F the past week!

i have been moving an AK and either damn indica or blueberry into the flower room while it is operating, and then in the middle pic, inches away from a GE 'grow/aquarium light', Red/Blue very nice(i highly recommend this T12!) and a warm lumen 3750k GE, with the MH in a wing far L about 4' away. with a 4' 4100k phillips and another 3700k GE T12, and a 26w 3750 CFL hanging next to the wing for when i turn the MH off, which is usually for 3-4 hours every other day. the MH is close maybe 5"s away from the top of a strong Purple Ice regrow, it feels cool to the back of my hand up to 2.5-3"s away...

should this be moved?

221vegarea.jpg

vegsinglefloroclonedome.jpg

vegandstorage.jpg

Latest posts

Back