Paxil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagnar

Chronic Rules
Reaction score
Ok then well no more mention about my meds my bad this thread can now be removed....

I was on Paxil for a bit in high school. It used to make me trip balls when I smoked some high grade MJ. Like serious carnival visuals and the works. Crazy stuff. Messed my head up pretty well in the long run but it was a good time while it lasted. lol

Never had any big problems though. Just some social anxiety and depression.

They prescribed me Xanax when I quit drinking to help the withdraws. Now I have to slowly knock myself off of it, cant quit completely because I have bad withdraws. I started off at 3mg a day, now I'm down to 1mg a day. I've had to go a few days without it and the withdraws were so bad I didnt sleep, and I would shake like a leaf.

sorry but yr not supposed to discuss any drugs but MJ here:)

lyfr said:

It was my understanding that the difference between drugs and prescribed medication is that one alters the mind the other does not my medication cannot be abused or used for altering ones state of mind the ssri's can be considered mind alternating but do not fall into the same category as well won't go there but you catch my drift it's like ones perception always changing....

lyfr said:

Hey lyfr, thanks for looking out for the site. Much appreciated. :)

But I am sure prescription meds such as these are ok. Its the other illegal ones we frown upon here on MP.

------------------------------

I have been on and off that type of med for years. I have realized (my personal opinion and experience only) that I do better without any. I think my meds were actually making me depressed...or more numb rather. I quit Celexa abruptly last January when I was sick so I don't know if I was affected by withdrawls or not. I will say being off the meds have helped me grieve my dads death from last Nov.

Be very careful if you ever take Effexor. I was on that med twice and its a horrible experience to have to withdrawl from. All sorts of brain zaps and mood swings. My hubby who is actually anti-pot was urging me to go smoke and mellow out..lol. BAD STUFF! I have a friend who had a similiar experience on this one. :(

I haven't had any more probs with anxiety or depression since Jan. But I did begin exercising on a regular basis and it helps tremendously with my moods.

I do know however that some people need meds like this to be able to function. I am not knocking them for everyone, its just something that never worked well for me.

SmokinMom said:
Hey lyfr, thanks for looking out for the site. Much appreciated. :)

But I am sure prescription meds such as these are ok. Its the other illegal ones we frown upon here on MP.

------------------------------

I have been on and off that type of med for years. I have realized (my personal opinion and experience only) that I do better without any. I think my meds were actually making me depressed...or more numb rather. I quit Celexa abruptly last January when I was sick so I don't know if I was affected by withdrawls or not. I will say being off the meds have helped me grieve my dads death from last Nov.

Be very careful if you ever take Effexor. I was on that med twice and its a horrible experience to have to withdrawl from. All sorts of brain zaps and mood swings. My hubby who is actually anti-pot was urging me to go smoke and mellow out..lol. BAD STUFF! I have a friend who had a similiar experience on this one. :(

I haven't had any more probs with anxiety or depression since Jan. But I did begin exercising on a regular basis and it helps tremendously with my moods.

I do know however that some people need meds like this to be able to function. I am not knocking them for everyone, its just something that never worked well for me.

Yes I remember Exor had an alergic reaction that ended up with me loosing my mind and control best part was when they slapped the leg shackles and handcuffs on then took me straight to the state mental hospital where I was incarcerated. lol

dagnar said:
Yes I remember Exor had an alergic reaction that ended up with me loosing my mind and control best part was when they slapped the leg shackles and handcuffs on then took me straight to the state mental hospital where I was incarcerated. lol

Dang! That damn drug needs to be taken off the market!

Sorry you have to battle any kind of mental disorders. They are the worst. :(

Sadly though do to the severity of my mental condition I have become disabled tried almost all the brain medication there is but it's worse without so guess that kinda makes it the lesser of two evil's? Been in and out of mental hospitals my whole life about 20 or so I guess. Attempted suicide many times also problems with the desire to harm oneself my body is covered with scars even tried to off myself 3 times in one night about 4 months ago during problems with wife first attempt self injury, second massive overdose, and attempting to incinerate myself....

I found that the busier I keep myself it helps with the anxiety and depression, as smokinmom said working out helps. I have noticed since I got laid off almost 6 months ago, that the anxiety and depression has only gotten worse, but I have no plans on going back to my original amount per day. If I didnt have to continually look for a job everyday i would love to :48:with my buddy and just chill for once.

paxil kept my pee pee from working properly so i stopped using it .....pot is a great substitute for paxil

I just did a research on Paxil, what amazes me is it is well documented again and again and again that it gives the taker of the medicine suicidal tendancies and withdrawal is horrendous, other names for this drug are ......

Aropax (LU, MX)
Aropax 20 (AR, AU, BE, BR, PY, UY, ZA)
Aroxat (CN)
Deroxat (CH, FR)
Divarius (FR)
Euplix (DE)
Extine (AU)
Loxamine (AU, NZ)
Parosenin (KP)
Parotin (HK)
Parox (KP)
Paroxet (PE)
Paxan (CO)
Paxetil (KP)
Paxil (BB, BM, **, BZ, CR, DO, GT, GY, HN, JM, MX, NI, NL, PA, SR, SV, TT)
Paxil CR (CR, DO, GT, HN, KP, NI, PA, SV)
Paxtine (AU)
Paxxet (IL)
Rexetin (BB, BM, **, BZ, GY, JM, NL, PL, SR, TT)
Seroxat (AE, AT, BD, BF, BG, BH, BJ, CI, CL, CO, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, EG, ES, ET, FI, GB, GH, GM, GN, HK, HN, HU, ID, IE, IL, IN, IQ, IR, IT, JO, JP, KE, KP, KW, LB, LR, LU, LY, MA, ML, MR, MU, MW, MY, NE, NG, NL, NO, OM, PE, PH, PK, PL, PT, QA, SA, SC, SD, SE, SG, SL, SN, SY, TH, TN, TW, TZ, UG, YE, ZA, ZM, ZW)
Seroxat CR (SG)
Setine (TW)
Tagonis (DE)
XET (IN)
Xetine-P (TW)

To my mind this is bad medicine and should not be on the market, but we all know the back handers that go on in the pharmaceutical industries.

yeah !!!!those buttholes...i'll bet they bribe the gov to keep pot illegal

lyfr said:
my apologies ya'all:eek: i'll be out in the garage triing to pry my foot out of my mouth...again. i've even made a special tool for it at this point

I took Celexa for about 8 months a couple years ago cause I had an anger problem :D It seemed to work fine and I havent had a problem with anger IMO since I have been off of them BUT man when I abruptly quit taking those things I had the worst side effects. Weight gain (which I needed anyway considering I only weigh 100 pounds wet), nervousness, and most of all I had and occationaly still do have (even though I havent touched one of those things in years) these small TREMORS in my hands and sometimes my forehead. Sounds funny im sure but if you know what im talking about then you can understand how uncomfortable these little feelings truly are and how 'weird' they make you feel for the second they are happening. Worst part is I have yet to find a Doctor who knows what the heck im talking about and trying to describe to them so I just deal with it and stick with my pot. :D Just wanted to share my short story. :D

Forgot to mention I recently switched from Lexapro to Paxil both ssri's since being unable to quit the ssri's even a reduction in dosage is pure hell. Found out that I could swap ssri's switch from one to the other so starting with Prozac then came Lexapro followed by Paxil. At one point my Lex ran out so after quitting cold turkey you can only imagine how fun that was having nightmares so bad that they leave you shaking and afraid to fall asleep. For example one dream involved being attacked by Demons and trying to fight them off while they ripped the flesh from my bones...

megan23247 said:
these small TREMORS in my hands and sometimes my forehead.
forehead tremors ??? ok...time for class action lawsuite......it's hearing things like this that confirm my moral obligation to fight for my right to self medicate....by any and all means....a couple of butt faces sit in a lab and mix chemicals and the U.S government tell us we have to purchase and use those drugs......not the "drug" we can grow for free and controll ourselves.....makes me really angry...they would'nt like me when i'm angry....you know,...cause i can turn all big and green and stuff....and throw tanks and stop missiles like i did in the movie..lol

Ive been prescribed xanax for almost nine years, and I must admit, that I love 'em.. although Im sure im highly addicted by now.

i was taking seraquel for sleep for awhile and still have some.100mg dosage.i started out taking the full dose and the next day i would be like a zombie.i cut them in half and finally a quarter and when i reall need to get some serious sleep i take a .4 of 1.they too will make you gain weight,stay hungry.thats 1 of the reasons i quit them also.i was up to 270 lbs. but i'm also 6'2 tall.dropped down to 200.also work out regularly at the gym.

Latest posts

Back