pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what i strive for,a little tip burn.then you know to back off a little bit.when they get really big and during the stretch,they will gobble up some nutes.its just trial and error on the nutes.i go slow and if they do well in-between res changes,i will add a little more.then when you do change res,you have a number to go by.jmo

That is why I like these grow journals. A person can go back and see what they did or didn't do. Plus my memory sucks.

Charlie is no better nor no worse.But does seem to be growing rapidly. This DWC is so fast reacting, that what ever changes that you make, show up very quickly.

Hers are some pics with the burn circled in red on the last two.

100_0941.JPG

100_0942.JPG

100_0943.JPG

don't feel bad,i have burnt these mazar up when they 1st started that it wa a shame.but thats how i like it.another little tip.i keep written grow journals,with the feeding schedules,amount of nutes to start with,and how they respond to them.that way if you ever grow that strain again,you have the receipe for them.jmo

Topped off Charlie's bucket with water, looks like a full recovery is anticipated.Lush green growth has returned with no more newsigns of nute burn.

Yea Andy that is one reason why I like this DWC, each bucket can be its own little experiment. The only record I keep is right here on MariP, till I find myself a nice girl to work with. My numbers are right here if you can figure them out.;) Right now I am just letting the family tell me when they want new nutes.:D

glad charlies feeling better ,,,lets hope shes the nice girl for ya to play with,,,,:pheres some GREEN MOJO for them all being girls :hubba:

Thanks UKgirl420 I will need all that Green Mojoto find me a nice girl to play with:hubba: ;) :D

pcduck said:
Thanks UKgirl420 I will need all that Green Mojoto find me a nice girl to play with:hubba: ;) :D

:giggle: well heres some more GREEN MOJO

Now all I need is that nice girl:watchplant:

ah,she will slowly un-dress for you soon.lol she will slide them little white hairs right out,for your eyes only.be gentle with her,love her,and she will repay you with such beauty and vast amounts of dripping honey.hehe gotta love it

I thought it was my lucky day. On the way to the hydro store I came across a bunch of BLACKbuckets. So I turn around to check them out. What a bummer they were filled with some kind of black tar/driveway stuff.:(

The reason for going to the hydro store was because they were sold out of hydroton pebbles and air stones and panda film, the big order was coming in on Friday. Well the store had my hydroton pebbles, but the air stones were sold out again. grrr! Some guy came in and bought the whole case of them. That guy wasn't you Andy, was it? lol. Well in order to calm myself I bought a new toy in a Hanna microprocessor conductivity & TDS meter with automatic temperature compensation. I also bought some mylar, I think they had it marked wrong, thats why I got it.

After getting the new meter I checked my "city" water. It had a 197 ppm according to my meter. No wonder my water taste funny. Next on the ole wish list a RO water filter.:D

100_0944.JPG

100_0945.JPG

100_0946.JPG

100_0948.JPG

pcduck, nice setup you have started. I am curious about the DWC method and have a few questions if you don't mind. What happens when the plants get big and happen to have long, dangly buds when it's time to change the bucket?
Why do you need a spigot in the bucket? I want to make mine as simple as possible.
Last one, why do the buckets need to be black?

420benny said:
pcduck, nice setup you have started. I am curious about the DWC method and have a few questions if you don't mind. What happens when the plants get big and happen to have long, dangly buds when it's time to change the bucket?
Why do you need a spigot in the bucket? I want to make mine as simple as possible.

Thanks 420benny I have not yet reached the point of long dangles of buds. But what I think I would do is, have another bucket all set up so that you take from one bucket and just place it in the other.

I use the spigot to check temp, ppms,and top water when necessary.

The buckets are black so that algae won't grow inside them and slime your roots

wow I thought i was a soil grower for life,
But between andy and you i am now re thinking things
Pulling up a chair And hitting my hooka

That is the same thing I thought msge, until coming here and started reading about all the praise for this DWC hydro. The hardest thing about this so far is finding the BLACK BUCKETS without costing ya an arm and a leg.The hydro store just wants way to much $$ for them.

hey bro,i buy the black buckets at a local tractor supply store.i think,with the lid,they are about 6 bucks.they were kinda looking at me funny,as i bought 20 of them over a few weeks period.
hehe,nope it was not me that bought all the air stones.i do buy 2-3 everytime i go to the hydro store.sometimes i have to ask for them.they keep more in the back.
on the spigots,i quit putting them in my buckets.i also stopped putting the water level tube in also.hell,i know about how much they are drinking and i change every week.to me the spigots get in the way and you can not stack your buckets with them in.just a preference.i try to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks Andy I will have to check on that Tractor Supply Store.

:yay: :banana: :dancing: :clap: :woohoo:

Thank you Andy52 I found those black buckets at the tractor supply store. $3.99 a bucket and lid for $2.29. I even bought a couple of extras because they had them:aok: You Da man Andy..Thanks

damn bro,sure your not my neighbor?lol thats about what i paid for mine.i knew the lids were a separate price,not bad price tho.i like to keep lots of spare buckets.
i'm keeping track of your grow,glad you decided to go dwc.you will not regret it.you just have to remember that the plants grow alot faster and bigger to me,in dwc.you have to put them into flower way before you would as compared to soil growing.i'm telling you,i put the mazar into flower at about 5-6 inches and she is now way over 4 ft tall.good luck my friend.

Little Jess maybe dead.:(
I transplanted Jessie from the cup to the bucket. While transplanting Jessie got dumped on the ole noggin. Is a recovery in store? The rest of the "family" is doing great

Latest posts

Back