ph adjusted rain water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_48911

Fellow Grower
Reaction score
when i grew outdoors,i'd always just collect rain water,mix my nutes in,set the ph level and my plants loved it.anybody else use this tecnique?input please-thanks

interesting idea. I will try it myself. :)

Are there any benefits from rain water? It would be cool to see the difference of PH rain water all over the globe.

It sounds very interesting i would thik maybe the rain water has a ittle amount of polution but if it works hey ill give it a shot

well my outdoor plants loved it,i wasnt sure on trying it indoors but it might be worth looking into.

i used to until the rain started only coming a couple days outa the year xD

and since 25000 new houses have been built here since last winter. lol, i would be afraid to now myself.

I always used calcium test strips though, cuz we have a calcium problem around here (like most places) just somethin to look out for

good stuff though no doubt, good stuff

I thought rain had acid in it? Is that not bad?

I only use rain/snow water and Disstilled water and Have Great results...Rain is after all Nature Made...I dont collect it from the roof due to contaminates...I catch it with Barrels and buckets..I bottle it and store in dark cool place..Hope this helps friend

exactly what i do,i leave a big tub out.i even rigged up two tray that are hooked up to the tub to catch even more water.(they sit on the ledge of each side and drain the water they catch back into the tub)

An intersting [thread=20443]thread[/thread]

rainwater is good for your plants, its in effect distilled water and should carry no unwanted chemicals in it.

If you were to live in the amazon jungle, then the rain water would be as pure as could be and you would have the best water any plant could want to drink.

If you live in an appartment in new york new york then chances are your rain isn't as good, although from what i hear the tap water in ny isn't much to write home about either.

I thought rain had acid in it? Is that not bad?

It's good ... because we want our water slightly acidic. Rain water here in Europe has a ph of about 6.5 which is perfect for growing MJ.

4u2sm0ke said:
I only use rain/snow water and Disstilled water and Have Great results...Rain is after all Nature Made...I dont collect it from the roof due to contaminates...I catch it with Barrels and buckets..I bottle it and store in dark cool place..Hope this helps friend

hey 4u wats up? old thread i know but i'd rather jump on an old thread than make a new one.
i set 3 rubbermaid totes in my yard today in the rain and hardly got anythin that way. so i got mad an jut sat under the downspout of my roof and caught bout 5 gallons worth.
now after readin all the contaminate stories im lil nervoius usin it.
how in the world do you actually catch enough rain water just by settin an open tub in ya yard not catchin any runoff of sorts is my question?
thanks

zipflip said:
hey 4u wats up? old thread i know but i'd rather jump on an old thread than make a new one.
i set 3 rubbermaid totes in my yard today in the rain and hardly got anythin that way. so i got mad an jut sat under the downspout of my roof and caught bout 5 gallons worth.
now after readin all the contaminate stories im lil nervoius usin it.
how in the world do you actually catch enough rain water just by settin an open tub in ya yard not catchin any runoff of sorts is my question?
thanks
I have been wondering about this for a while. I am in the market for a new house and I am going to try and collect rain water but I want to avoid any particles from the roof or leaves and such while still getting enough water. Could you fill up off a downspout and have it run through some sort of filter into your barrel?

I have a rain barrel. All the stuff from the roof will settle to the bottom. I always filter mine thru a paint strainer into the gallon jugs I store it in to get rid of any solids. I do the same thing with my AC water.

If you're collecting off the roof, let it rain for a little while to wash any dust/debris off the roof, and then collect the water. I've been using rainwater to water both indoor and outdoor plants (not MJ, just general houseplants) for decades. I'm about 5 weeks into my first grow and the little babies seem to love it, too. pH checks out about 6.9.

moses781 said:
It sounds very interesting i would thik maybe the rain water has a ittle amount of polution but if it works hey ill give it a shot

Yeah...city rain is pretty dirty. When I first moved to "The Country", it snowed...and my dogs and I went walking thru the woods. It was...pristeen. Not a footprint anywhere. I stuck out my tonge and licked some snow off a bush. It was wonderrful, perfectly empty of taste, unlike snow I had tasted in the city, where snow tastes of petroleum, soot and dust, LOL. Man...itt was just clean and cold.

Ive got a rain "barrel", really a big plastic garbage container that I drilled a hole in and installed a length of tubing into. Since it's been raining for a solid month, it's full. I gotta get a pH meter.

Lass

Rain that falls through polluted skies will have contaminates in it. Rain that falls in pristine areas won't.

Latest posts

Back