Ph testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
So what does everyone like to use for testing their ph? Im a soil or soilless mix grower and i just picked up the Oakton ph tester. I used to have the Hanna Champ but it broke and from what i hear its garbage.

I use the Oakton 10 and it works great. Make sure you calibrate it often. I didn't calibrate mine for a couple of months and found it was really off. It calibrates easy though and now I will just calibrate more often like the directions say.

Ya the Oakton seems to be the best one out for the $$ i hear.

I have used the dropping liquid ph. I have had bad luck with and digital meter. After you use the drops for a while you can really get to know what they like, its very cheap and pretty accurate, I use all hydro too.

I use the hanna combo meter, it's been great for over 10 yrs now. one electrode last year and a couple sets of batteries. I use it everyday. I calibrate 1x a year if that much. I clean it and store it properly.

Thanks guys, thats cool, sounds like everyone has got their own ways!

Yes and they all must work. I have a Hanna constant ppm/ph meter but I had to send it back. They I got another hanna single ph and it broke. So I just am sticking with the drops for now. If I ever get the meters back I will give it a go again.

Latest posts

Back