plant height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2theGame

Reaction score
from the top of my buckets to the bottom of my lamp at its highest possible mounting position is 36 inches. are 3 ft plants going to get the job done? I have read that i should flip them at 50% of the height I want at maturity? thoughts? thanks for the help MP.

but would a 3 foot plant touch or be too close to the light?

you will have less than 36" you need to take into account that you need 12"= in most cases between the top of your plants and the light or the light will burn up your plants

i have heard of a scrog/sog i just never thought about doing it never bothered to look into it more. i will do that now. thanks for the input.

New2theGame said:
so i need to flip 12 inch plants?

When it comes to me putting my ladies on 12/12 , They are 1ft when I put them in box.

MARY-JANE said:
When it comes to me putting my ladies on 12/12 , They are 1ft when I put them in box.

how tall do they get before harvest? 2 ft? scrog might be the way to go.

It varies strain to strain some just verily stretch where other will grow 2 to 3 times their height at the flip. IMO the more light you have the less the stretch will be

good to know thanks ozzy. 400w HPS 3x3 area thinking ill do just 2 plants in a scrog now.

sounds like a good plan to me

Green Mojo for your grow

Good thing about SCROG too is that you will have completely even light distribution so you wont have certain parts of the plant getting more or less light.

Latest posts

Back