Plants dieing fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moaky

Reaction score
Hey everyone. im growing up in the mountains (first time in mountains) of california and plants are dropping like flys. we thought we over fertalized then realized that the leaffs were yellowing from the inside out. so i looked online. the only thing i found was that they were deffeicent of K and the site said to give it NPK fertalizer. so i did and now they are not looking too good. :hairpull: so what we did was take Welded Wire Mesh 6" X 6"(metal cage) and made a circle then put plastic around the sides and dug up the soil and added new soil about 1 foot down and two feet up above ground. the were doing well very well. all were atleast 7 feet and the tall ones are 11 to 15 feet tall. but now what ever is happening is spreading to them. maybe the shock from meeting the native soil but that shouldnt kill them except maybe its real acidic. the only other thing we think is it has a disease. there is a fungus disease in california called sudden oak and we think it has spread to our plants. can anyone please help;)

you might wanna check the ph in the soil since its in the mountains but thats kinda a guess?

but what do i do if its acidic add calcium or if its alkaline add iron or zinc. do you know how to fix it

Dyannas son said:
you might wanna check the ph in the soil since its in the mountains but that's kinda a guess?

That's the first thing I would check. If, for some reason, the natural pH of that surrounding soil were way out there... it could be causing a major imbalance.

Hick is the absolute best person to ask. If it has to do with soil, he knows what steps to take to resolve the problem. He is the master of soil !

Try a quick PM to him with the link to this thread.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back