Plants in the dark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacock

Reaction score
Hi, I had to leave town for a week and unplugged the lights. I had no one to look after the plants. I came back and they looked okay.
I've been told that they will be stunted and even if I clone these plants they will not come back to the point where they will produce well.
Will the clones also grow damaged and stunted.
Is it best to start over with new seeds or is there a way to get the plants back to healthy? :ignore:

I can't say for sure.. there's only one way to find out.. and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt! I'll pray a quick one for them. :D

Goodluck ;)

peacock said:
Hi, I had to leave town for a week and unplugged the lights. I had no one to look after the plants. I came back and they looked okay.
I've been told that they will be stunted and even if I clone these plants they will not come back to the point where they will produce well.
Will the clones also grow damaged and stunted.
Is it best to start over with new seeds or is there a way to get the plants back to healthy? :ignore:

LOL--who told you this? While it may take your plant a while to recover from no light (why in the world did you turn out the lights for a week?) they should be just fine. If your plants look alright, they probably are. Clones should show no ill effects.

Why are you assuming that your plants are unhealthy if they look okay?

Were you in Veg stage or flower stage? If you were in veg stage then you could have left the lights on 24/7. But if you are in flower stage 12/12 light schedule I would worry about them stressing out to much and becoming herms. I would suggest that you spend $10 and buy yourself a timer. But if it was veg stage and they look ok today, as The Hemp Godess pointed out they should be fine...take care..

Dittos to Hemp and Tokie..
Surely, they are in veg still... you must just have been uncomfortable leaving light on? You could have just left it on.
Either way, I would just let it get back to work, start back where you left off. I certainly wouldn't trash anything until it was dead and gone. Just IMO
Good luck and good smoke

Latest posts

Back