Plants Malformed,Bumpy & Yellow. HELP Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat1212

Reaction score
Hi guys
needing some help with a problem been having in the last week. My plants have gone a strange leatherly and bumpy on the leaves, also turning yellow. they have been under HPS for about a week now its only 3 plants that are having this problem there are plants beside it on the same nut plan, water was ph leveled, temps are good all the same strain and they are doing well. the middle parts of the plants seemed to have almost taken on a balloon like shape and growth has slowed dramaticaly. put some pics in not the greatest of quiailty. any suggestions would be greatly appreaicted!

Goat:confused:

100_0790.JPG

100_0796.JPG

100_0792.JPG

100_0791.JPG

100_0797.JPG

:eek: I'm wondering how close your light is...
Also, do they get a light dose of grow nutes with nitrogen???
The leaves drying up and getting ridges just look hot and thirsty to me... Do you have a fan on them???
Good luck.
:peace: Ette

also may i add that when you water my friend..dont dibble..dribble or srinkle..water the dam thing..you need to moisten all of soil..not just a little bit at time..I use a 2 quart pitcher..I grow in 3 gallon bags..I pour all 2 quarts is bag and check my PH on the run off..but all my soil gets wet..looks to me like plants looking for root space to grow in..but Im prettyy High right now..and think i will go smoke my bong again..Good luck

I agree with ettesun. What are your temps and humidity running in there? Also how far away from your plants is your light. When i firsat move my plants under my HPS i give them plenty of room between the light and the plant. Then i lower it a little everyday to help the plants adjust to the High Intesity Lighting.

im growing in 8 litre pots so not sure if root space is the problem. the HPS is about 1 foot above them.The temp is 29C and hum is 45-55% There is 3 other plants under the same light and they seem to been doing great. i do have a fan on the them 24/7 the nutes that they are getting does have nitrogen in it. wondering if i should just use some ph'd water for a bit and see how they get on. i shall moved the light up a bit to.

if everybody is getting the same, and the other two are looking just splendid... looks to me like it might just be a "gimped" plant....

I think that I read somewhere that the leathery leaves come about because of too much heat. Maybe just raise that light a bit and then lower it again as the plants get used to it.

have moved the lights up.. so will just have to see how they get on.. i really let you.

thanks to all for the input

goat

You *have* checked very carefully for pests? Seems to me I recall there is some weird pest that does that. You might try an experiment, sponge both sides of the affected leaves of one of them with Neem. You could also try topping one of the badly affected ones and seeing if the new growth is OK.

Is this a soil or coco grow? What medium are you using?
It looks like coco and it looks dry. If using coco, you might get some twisting and curling from the access of P or K that coco emits. Something to do with Cal,Mag issues in coco. It will correct itself as the plant matures and uses more P and K. You may have other problems on top of this. Flushing is a good idea reguardless.

im using Guano Kalong Organic Soil , also i have check for pests have seen a few flys darting around, i heard somewhere that they dont ctually harm the leaves but the larvae gets into the soil and feeds off the roots. so im wondering if that is the problem. satying that they are looking a bit better, well 2 are. one has stopped growing but doesnt seem to be dying, no yellowing of leaves not drooping. i will try leafminer suggestion about topping off. see how that goes. thanks again

Latest posts

Back