Please help so confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
all right were do i start i grew some lr2 and got a couple males out of the bunch and now i want seeds.so what comes next this is were im Lost can the male plant just produce seeds on its owen or do you have to let it pollenate a female plant in order to get seeds? what happens to a male plant if you let it grow its life cycle any buds or seeds? and when you pollen a female do the little balls have to be open already releasing the pollen for it to work?
please please help thx for any info

u need a female to have seeds.
and a male in full bloom all the way if u got no ladies to where he's ya only one i'd let em go for the stretch and make hash out the males when done. wil be nowhere near as if u used a female but u'll get ok hash i would think. i just spotted 3 males in my grow other night and i made hash out 2 of them. them tho i got enought oil to get me a ok buzz 3 times and they were only couple weeks if that, into flower. thats cuz it was very immature im guessin as i am still new this year myself. but if it were me and all i had left was males i'd let em grow an mature. wat u got to waste? but u need a female for male to pollinate to get seeds....

risktaker27 said:
all right were do i start i grew some lr2 and got a couple males out of the bunch and now i want seeds.so what comes next this is were im Lost can the male plant just produce seeds on its owen or do you have to let it pollenate a female plant in order to get seeds? what happens to a male plant if you let it grow its life cycle any buds or seeds? and when you pollen a female do the little balls have to be open already releasing the pollen for it to work?
please please help thx for any info
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396 <--- it's all there.
Hav you tried the "search" feature?..;)

thx zipflip but now your talking about a hole nother thing i know nothing about making hash guess ill have to read up on that too:confused:

and thank you too hick guess i missed that one:doh:

well im not trying to sound like an a$$ or anything timmy but thers nothing wrong with reading up and atempting to learn somthing new and i figure way the hell not if i allrdy got a couple males.and i have been growing about 13 yrs now on and off.and with the price of beans on the net and all the risk involved Why not? i say

risktaker27 said:
well im not trying to sound like an a$$ or anything timmy but thers nothing wrong with reading up and atempting to learn somthing new and i figure way the hell not if i allrdy got a couple males.and i have been growing about 13 yrs now on and off.and with the price of beans on the net and all the risk involved Why not? i say
i think what timmy means is that for breeding to be worth it, you need to grow great male/females first.....you can pollenate fairly easily though...collect pollen to be used...wet it a little so it won't go airborne...with small paintbrush,brush pollen onto selected branch...that way only the selected branch will produce seeds. hope that helps

Yeah if you just leave the males with the females you will end up with tons of seeds. I would do that and then not have to worry about buying beans for the next 4-5 years.

but if i let the male pollenat all the females wont the bud be worthless or just nothing but seeds? sry but this subject im still learning a lot about

you could alwats remove the males from the room and just bring in a couple male flowers when they open shake them around your females and you will not wind up with to many seeds. I just did the q-tip and branch thing discussed in the propagation sub forum.

remove males out, let them grow, so if you want female to be breeded with it..

go to where your male plant is, cover it with plastic clear bag, shake it and collect some balls that is kinda open, many pollen will be trapped in that plastic bag, then you use that same bag and do it to all females as you wish..
just my IMO 2 cent thing, and it work for me..

thx guys for all the input i learned a lot from everything that i have been reading so far

Latest posts

Back