poly grow bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjah

Reaction score
which do you think is better black/white or all black grow bags? and why?:confused2:

I dont think you need reflective material that low, so black is what i would get.

I got black/white just because they were .25$ for 2.5gal

I run 3 gallon Black bags...I found I need to add a few more holes in them

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

mine have 8 holes around it and 4 on the bottoms I think

i've run all three - white, black, and white-outside/black inside. never seen any difference in the root ball.

theory is that black is better inside, white for reflection outside. others say that black is better outside because it keeps the root ball warmer. since roots can't see, i kinda doubt it really has much impact :)

I always thought that containers/bags/smartpots/airpots were made black so the light wont penetrate through and cause algea problems with your roots. With that said, I do own some square white 1 gallon pots but they are very thick plastic and I only use them for a few weeks in veg. Other than these containers everything else I use is black.

i use pure white 4-gal plastic pots now and never seen any increase or decrease in algae. if anything i see less top algae in white compared to black. but i've only seen algae when the soil is too moist.

WhitePots.jpg

WhiteBags.jpg

Good to know SSSC, thanks. Whats up with that Cherry Berry you got goin!! Never heard of it but it sounds delicous.

that was from last summer I think. it was Barneys Farm Red Cherry Berry and it was great. one of the first I did the 4-gal square pots, never looked back. all i use now.

Thats cool. Never tried Barneys but Ive heard some good things about them. So are you sitting on any great or rare genetics from SSSC?

yeah, i have a box filled to the brim with original SSSC stock (there were pics posted here). problem is that they are now like 20 yrs old and won't germ. and compared to the hybrids available now, the strains we sold back then are mostly very lame in comparison. there were a few that might hold their weight now (the Afghani-Malawi was killer), but not many.

20 years wow! Im having troubles getting some 8 year old Sweet Tooths to pop.

good luck. methinks the best you might get is some will germinate and then die. seems real common for old seed.

i've always used the black/white poly's also. instead of adding more holes i just poke finger thru the ones already in them to make them larger to drain better. don't really need to, i just do.

i've got old seed thats doing exactly that sssc. germs, looks nice for a week, then dies quickly. frustrating.

Latest posts

Back