Possibly a silly question about freaking out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Bourbon

Guitar pickin' man
Reaction score
Is there anything you can do that helps bring you back from the anxious, unpleasant, freak-out type feeling when you're a little too high? I've had a handful of those type sensations so far and they are really not fun.

Example A: Got high as a kite with a friend, and managed to wobble home. I was sitting on the couch and my girlfriend was cooking in the kitchen. Our cat came over to say hello and discovered I smelled terrific. So he starts sniffing my face, which made me nervous. Then he started sniffing the keys in my pocket. Then I could've sworn he was digging in my pocket. I started to freak out right there. I grabbed him the scruff because I thought he was going to attack me, he rolled his head around and probably only had his mouth open so he could breathe, but I swear I thought he was hissing at me.

He looked just like this (If you're really high, it might freak you out- case in point) : http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3528/ownedkt9.jpg

I screeched and dropped him and he went running off. She came in to see what the problem was, and I told her. She held my head and examined my eyes and it started to freak me out again and I asked what her problem was. "Honey, the cat was asleep on the register in the kitchen until you screamed. Your pupils are as big as your irises. You're still high as a kite."

:eek:

Example B: I thought cold air would work one time, and it did. Until I walked past a display in a hardware store window with a mechanical giant Swiss Army Knife, complete with flexing blades. I stared at it for a minute or so and then it really freaked me out and I had to run away from it.

So, what helps with this kind of silliness? Obviously, not getting that high in the first place, but if I mis-gauge my hits and wind up just a bit too far north of the clouds, is there anything I can do to kill it a bit? I've found that water helps a little bit, and I've found that if I take a niacin tablet while high, it tends to kill the head buzz a fair amount. Haven't tried that yet, but I didn't have an opportunity to until last night and I forgot. I was freaking out so bad there was nothing I could do but go to sleep. So any ideas, folks? :)

One of two things...

(a) You should never smoke weed due to being bi-polar or schitsophrantic.
(2) you got bad weed man.
(c) If it was due to being "too high" your motor skills would have not let you go outside, you would have been melted to the couch. it's an outside source trippn you man! Do you take paxel ot abilify?

Both highs I'm talking about above are from a local home-grown hydro diesel strain. It was killer weed and I have come across stuff almost as or just as good regularly around here. Those highs were also off full 3-liter bottle gravity hits, so much, much more intense high. I don't have those regularly.

Northern lights:
A) Don't have those kinda problems.
2?) No, it was really good weed. The person(s) I smoked it with don't do treated weed as far as I know, and they would have told me if they knew it was.
C) Definitely been there, so thanks for the distinction.

I don't take any meds, so I dunno, maybe that stuff was treated. Then again, my girlfriend could have been messing with me to further freak me out. She loved to do that, waving her hand in front of my face, sneaking up behind me and shouting when I was really high, etc. I dunno. I still get paranoid from time to time, and I'm just curious how other people deal with it. :)

I'm sober as a judge right now (well, at least as sober as the Anna Nicole judge) and am LMAO at this post. :laugh:

Jimbo, are you sure you werent shrooming? Sounds like a bad trip to me. Is this your home grown stuff? If so what is the variety....I need to try some of this :cool: .

Meanwhile, you need drink to mellow you out when you smoke that stuff :chillpill:

There is a certian person that when I get his weed, it ALWAYS makes me happy, giggly, and for some reason it makes me hopefull, dreamy and optimistic. It's a real powerfull thinking kinda high. Almost gives me motivation to wanna invent something..lol. Yet MY herb is a real rush, hit ya when your down, melt in the couch and drool on your pipe weed!! No inventions spawning from this rush!! Maybe its the deisel weed!?!? That strain is not you!! Look into the differences w/ indica and sativa mentaly. Also put your self in a happy place when you smoke dont start burnin when your mad or trippn.

I'll tell yah what man. I have been smoking for a long, long time and never, not once, have I ever hallucinated like that and been conscious. Are you sure you weren't in a half awake half dream state?

you sure they didn't lace the weed with some hardcore drug...I bought some weed once and had some HARDCORE DRUG laced in it and i was freaking out just like your stories

LOL LOL i might have been there once or twice but you know what i do

I BUCKLE DOWN AND PACK ANOTHA :bong1: AND CHEIF THAT BEETCH TIL I FALL OVER!!

Thanks for all the responses. I've talked to a few other people close to me and between them and the responses here, everyone agrees 100% - Laced. So, no more weed with those particular people. I've gotten from a handful of other sources I've met and only one of them produced that knock-you-on-your-butt unpleasant high, and a fried that I gave the rest to said he thought it was treated and could taste something funky on it. I've got better, more reliable sources now, so I'm gonna cross that one off my list. Thanks for the replies.

@ BushyKush - Lmao! I'm gonna have to remember that line. ;)

northernlightssmokn said:
There is a certian person that when I get his weed, it ALWAYS makes me happy, giggly, and for some reason it makes me hopefull, dreamy and optimistic. It's a real powerfull thinking kinda high. Almost gives me motivation to wanna invent something..lol. Yet MY herb is a real rush, hit ya when your down, melt in the couch and drool on your pipe weed!! No inventions spawning from this rush!! Maybe its the deisel weed!?!? That strain is not you!! Look into the differences w/ indica and sativa mentaly. Also put your self in a happy place when you smoke dont start burnin when your mad or trippn.

See, that's what I want and like about weed. I can think on it, and I love thinking out of the box. I've written some fairly interesting material high and I've always been a bit of a mental wanderer. So that's the kind of high I want, and if I'm getting halfway there on diesel, what better strain could I move on to for these sorts of effects? Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

JB- I might be able to help you out here since it seems we like the same type of high. I hate the zone out/couch potato/fall asleep or veg high. I like the up high where I can analize things and have interesting discussions with my husband or get into a dopey movie.

We went to Amsterdam a couple times where you can sample all the varieties in the coffee shops and figure out what suits your tastes.The strains we preferred are sativa.

I am not sure if you;re buying or growing, but here are some of my personal favorites:

Kali Mist
Power Plant
White Widow

I actually couldnt really tell the difference between the first two, but both make you up and interested....a very social high.

But I;ve never grown either of those and I've heard they are hard to grow for the rookie grower (but again, don't take my word for it since I have no personal experience).

What I am growing is white widow. This is my first grow--I am in week 4 of flower and everything was fine, got lots of buds. No major glitches at all. From a newbie perspective, I would say its easy to grow since I really didnt know *** I was doing. As far as the high its not quite what the above 2 are (imo) but its close. Hope that helps.

Best of luck to you in finding or growing some non-hallucinogenic weed.

dude im going to have nighmares that pic was scary as hell no wonder that baby is crying poor thing i would probly shot that thing if i ever saw it even tho its a quy in a costume that scarry dam man why did i click on this thread oh god what was that noise........hahahaha just my cat my cat is nice and deffently would never bite/hiss at me

Latest posts

Back