ppm question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
what should the ppm be for veginbg and then for flowering, or what ppm should i start of with and what should it be for flowirng, im gonna use gh 3 part, should i start of with half strerngth with the nuts and work my way up, e&f setup , thanx guys

No way to give you an exact number.... basic rule of thumb is after the seedling is a couple weeks old, start with lite nutes, maybe 200 PPM or so. If the plants like that then gradually move up from week to week till ya get the 1-1.2K level for E&F.... usually a lil less for a DWC. As long as the plant is acting well, keep at the same level thrugh blooming, using the bloom nutes of course.... Make sure you keep your PH in check..

This lil routine will work, but a grow or three and you will get your own lil tweaks.

i am using GH 3 part as well. as casual said start with 200 ppm 2-3 wks in, then gradually increase to full strength. if in doubt, use less nutes. If my math is correct the max strength ppm for flowering is 950 but this can be too high for some strains. I keep mine round 800 ppm during flowering, also depends how big the plants are when flowering. A local dispensary advises feeding the 3-5 ft mother plants they sell 700 ppm (they are grown in straight coco coir). experiment and find out what is optimal for your plants

Reactions: daf
If you use the charts on the GH website, they give you a feeding schedule from seedling through to harvest. I followed this religiously on my first grow and had great success. Based on the yield, I'm not sure I would do anything different next time.

scatking said:
If you use the charts on the GH website, they give you a feeding schedule from seedling through to harvest. I followed this religiously on my first grow and had great success. Based on the yield, I'm not sure I would do anything different next time.

Would you happen to have the link for us. :)

Real78 said:
Would you happen to have the link for us. :)

hXXp://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_schedule.html

Be aware that some strains have more efficient nutrient uptake and these strains require a lower PPM. It is always a good idea to start out with less and work your way up. You can kill a plant in a number of hours with a nutrient content that is too high.

Reactions: daf

Latest posts

Back