Premature flowering, Is it a male?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomchimpo

Reaction score
Ok so as discussed on LTG's thread here about planting early, I started my plants on 24/0, put them out, and are now flowering because the days aren't long enough yet. I took the risk and brought a camera out there with flash, figured its late, what're the chances of someone seeing a flash of light that lasts less than a second. But the pictures are pretty bad because its not a good camera and the flash whited out the plant a little bit. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell sex from the pictures, but from looking at it with a flashlight i can clearly see alot of little balls in clusters. What i'd like to know is how easily these balls, which i assume must be pollen sacs, could be mistaken by a novice like myself for female parts, there are no pistils protruding from the balls, but do those take time to appear? I just need to know whether or not to kill these ones and start anew, or to stick around to see if they're females.

DSCN1799.JPG

DSCN1800.JPG

DSCN1801.JPG

DSCN1802.JPG

yeah thats a male alright. chop him, unless hes the only plant there, then you could keep him for pollen, or hash.

Chop it down and start again my friend. Males aren't good for anything. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Alright i guess next trip out there i will kill em, theres two plants, the pictures are only of one, but they look exactly the same to me. It sounds like you guys are pretty sure that they're males even from the bad pics, could you shed light on what makes it so obvious just for future reference. Also whenever i start anew i will be putting them in the same holes, so should i pull them completely out, roots and all? Thanks for your help you guys i hope i have better luck next go around.

The little balls let you know that it's male. They look like little bunches of grapes or something. I would pull the roots and all out if you are going to be planting in the same holes. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

welll i killed em, it was hard for me, being the first mj plants i've ever grown there was some sentimentality. But i've started two more and god willing they'll be pretty little girls. Thanks for your help everyone.

Latest posts

Back