question about auto's light schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool

Reaction score
I have some lowryder 2's going right now and I have them on 18/6 and their dark period is from midnight until 6 am, that way its completely dark for them when they are sleeping, but I want change this so I can have their dark period be in the middle of the day instead. Is it okay abruptly change the light schedule like this with autos or would I have slowly change it over time like other plants? I want to change it because their grow space gets really cold at night without the lights keeping them warm (as low as 40 degrees). Another concern I have is that if were to change their dark period to the middle of the day it wouldnt be completly dark for them in their room because it has windows and I dont want cover them up because I have other plants in the room that need the sunlight and I dont want enclose the LR2s because then I would have to deal with ventilation and keeping the temps down. I know that autos can have 24/0 light but is this a disadvadvantage to 18/6 since mj supposodly grows during their dark cycle?

I wld think with Autos it wld not matter significantly...

I dunno for sure, But I have read that you can Keep some Auto strains under 24/0 lighting, I know you can for AK47, I think they only give a suggested down time because most people are concerned about an Electric Bill, but I'd bet MOST strains could take 24/0 because their flowering cycle is based on the Ruderalis, that and it's shortness are the only 2 traits that breeders try to maintain. Just a guess, but I bet it won't make a difference, I'd guess minor stress at the most.

Latest posts

Back