Question about hermies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
I have a WW mother plant that is 2-3 months old and about 3ft tall. I noticed today there were little female pre-flowers (white pistils) on a couple branches. I dont want this plant to bud so I keep t5's on her 24/7, but a couple days ago I had a power outage and they were out maybe 8-9 hours (the reason for the pre-flowers?).

Someone told me I screwed myself and this plant will now turn hermie. I thought this was strange since I thought they just revert back to veg. So what really happens and what should i do?

This is an Indica/Sativa mix white widow by the way.

relax just once should not bother your ladies. MJ plants need serveral 12/12 days in a row to cause a switch to the flowering mode of growth

While light stress--irregular lighting--can cause a hermie, this generally happens when the plant is in 12/12 and it takes more than once. Your little mom should be just fine. The power outage probably had nothing to do with the preflowers. Most plants show preflowers after they are in veg 6 or more weeks.

Latest posts

Back