Question about late drying before harvest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BALD EAGLE

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have some plants that will be drying for 3 weeks tomorrow and i checked them last night and the stems don't snap when bent but the buds have a little crunch when squeezed lightly. Should I go ahead and harvest them and obviously put them to cure?

hey there

we usually wait until the stem snap

but sometimes it depends on the humidity

we live in a very dry climate , like 10% humidity for days at a time

add some 100 degree days and we can debone a plant in 3 days and put them in containers to burp them

so yeah , keep an eye on the humidity and go from there

I’ve been drying at 60 Fahrenheit with 60 percent humidity for coming up in 3 weeks tomorrow! What do you think I should do as I’m getting ready to start a new grow in a humidity dome? I only have 1 tent for growing and drying!

My first grow I waited till the snap and it was too long. I should have know better as I’ve been looking at weed for years and know what I like and how it should feel. I was so keyed in on the stem snap that I didn’t look at the buds as well as I should have. Lucky that the herb was still good but not as sticky as I like it. So don’t be like me and check the buds not just the stems…

I am lost. 3 weeks? From cutting and hanging? I cut down and hang at 60% slowly dropping to 50%. After about 7 days the smaller branches will give when bent. I debone do a dry trim and go to jars.....from there it is a crispy/spongy process until the buds no longer get spongy when burping the jars...then the curuing really begins. This whole process should take approximately 30 dayd.

I am lost. 3 weeks? From cutting and hanging? I cut down and hang at 60% slowly dropping to 50%. After about 7 days the smaller branches will give when bent. I debone do a dry trim and go to jars.....from there it is a crispy/spongy process until the buds no longer get spongy when burping the jars...then the curuing really begins. This whole process should take approximately 30 dayd.have done
More like what i do right here

Definition of the word snap to me.....when you take a small branch and it is no longer pliable and you start to feel a slight give in the stem when bending it. Also I am a dry trimmer....I like to have the sugar leaves break off with the scissors simply touching the leaf.

I’m usually deboning at day 6 put it in the jars. Sometimes I spread it out again depending on what they look like. I have put some buds in and out of the jars a few times but would rather put in to early than to late.

I’ve been drying at 60 Fahrenheit with 60 percent humidity for coming up in 3 weeks tomorrow! What do you think I should do as I’m getting ready to start a new grow in a humidity dome? I only have 1 tent for growing and drying!

debone them then

put the buds in quart jars , in some turkey bags , whatever you have

then keep an eye on them , feel them , shake them around , burp them , kinda like a drunk gf

Latest posts

Back