question ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorickyourself

Reaction score
What is the general rule of thumb for shrinkage? I know!wait till its dried @ find out.Be nice:eek: Thanks in advance.

I must resist the joke:headbang: :bolt:

In my experience, I have found the wet weight to be 3-4x more than the dry weight. So when I have pulled off and weighed about 4lbs wet bud, I finished with about 20oz dry. This will vary quite a bit though depending on the density of the buds and how much stem you leave in at initial weigh, and how much you remove at final trim.

You will certainly think you have been robbed when you see the drying space packed with wet bud then come back and see it dried :eek: It looks like it loses half of its volume but not sure exactly how much it really loses. This will also be very strain dependent. :)

Never weigh wet that way you don't count you dollars that are actually dimes

75 to 80% weight loss is about average

Thanks Hush for refraining with the joke! Oz!l agree 100%,the first @last Thank You Sirs!

gorickyourself said:
What is the general rule of thumb for shrinkage? I know!wait till its dried @ find out.Be nice:eek: Thanks in advance.

Stay outta cold water and that wont happen.:D

If your weight shrinks 90 %. You have no intensity, growing issues or poor genetics.

I weighed a single small nugg of SLHx and was 14g wet just a week n a half ago....

Dried is 9.

I chop when fan leaves are faded and half of the small ones have dried off and shriveled up. Containers will be bone dry.

Less than 50 percent on colas and hard nugs. As hush said density plays a big role- popcorn higher but still no way a 90% Loss for me.

I couldnt help it. Reminded me of a Sinfield episode.

I agree ozzy. I have pretty much stayed with-in the 65 to 75% range for most varieties. As mentioned before genetics as well as many other factors all contribute

Latest posts

Back