Quick question about feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda3234wd

Reaction score
i grow in DWC 25 L tubs. these latest batches of plants are a bit big and are drinking 10 L every 2 days, since the plant is a bit large ive had to take the floor out to get more head room and its a bit hard getting down to the tub every 2 days. this doesnt normally happen cuz they do not get this big, I understand adding a external res would be the easiest way but i like this simple way of growing without ext res.
Question is:
1. Should i let it go till dry and then refill (which is wat im pretty much doing atm)
2. Or should i be topping it every day with 5 L?

One thing ive liked when this has happend in the past, once the tub goes dry, that nute change the plant packs on a heap of bud. so yea reason im asking the pros.... What do you guys think?

Cheers

I try to NEVER let my DWC go dry. It takes almost no time at all for the roots to die. How many plants do you have? A 25L is pretty small for multiple plants.

hey there, they dont usually go dry, i can usually get upto 7 days beofre having ot change, and theres only 1 plant per tub. this current one is 6 foot

i too have never let mine go dry.i grow dwc in 5 gal buckets and i have had to add back alnmost the amount of water as i started with.now when that happens(rarely)i just go ahead and change the res out.i find thats alot easier than adding that much water back.

kk cheers, this plant has gotten a bit bigger than i usually have em hehe, its always the last month of flowering that mine drink about 10L every 2 days. its not hot at all down at the tub so its mostly getting drunk, this plant has so many lower branches i cant get down to the tub haha cant even run a hose down to it cuz i cant see it hehe

Cuz wat i do is... when the tub goes empty within the 2 days, i flush the tub out every nute change with 10L of fresh water then give it its new nute change, 2 days later im back doing it all again. If i put 15 L in i get 4 days hahaha Might add a pic of this to help.

and just to clear things up, they dont go bone dry, have only done that once or twice, theres prolly 1 cm of nute left by the time i get to her. (IT) :( which is why i always throw 10L of fresh water through, get any build up outa there

Tubunderground.jpg

crappyhazeBBpic.jpg

Latest posts

Back