Quick Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Pepper

Reaction score
I got my 1st seed, germinated it and planted it in a little thing of potting soil. Now its almost 2 inches tall, and i was going to plant it outside. Planning on digging a big hole (bad soil) and filling it with miracle grow potting mix, any problems with any of this? How big a hole?

Dr Pepper said:
I got my 1st seed, germinated it and planted it in a little thing of potting soil. Now its almost 2 inches tall, and i was going to plant it outside. Planning on digging a big hole (bad soil) and filling it with miracle grow potting mix, any problems with any of this? How big a hole?
well bro sounds like u are on the right track as for the hole i would at least dig like a 5 gallon hole and fill it in with the miracle grow good luck hope all goes well with the transplanting:D just one question why u putting it out side? just thought i ask peace

y miracle grow? theres so many good Foxfarm products i don't see a point in using nething miracle grow ne more, but thats me.

Outside because i cant grow it in my house with the family, and i dont want to have to deal with the artificial environment technicalities. 2 feet deep, 1.5 feet wide or so? Or other dimensions? Thanks

You may want to PM The Brothers Grunt and ask him which "Miracle Grow" he uses. He's done a lot of crops using one of them.

Some MG products seem to burn. The one he uses works very well.

Good luck man!

the hole is plenty big , good size , you do need to wath the miracle grow , it is bad about burning your plants , it sure is awful late to be planting out side , especially a seedling unless your just experimenting , well i dont know what part of the world your in , so you might be ok , a little is better than none , your in the right place for help , good luck

Dr Pepper said:
Outside because i cant grow it in my house with the family, and i dont want to have to deal with the artificial environment technicalities. 2 feet deep, 1.5 feet wide or so? Or other dimensions? Thanks
i can under stand that i just asked cause i never grew outside before until this year and i will never do it again do to having spider mites and other things eating my plants never had that problem indoors but that's me lol anyways if its to keep the family safe than that's the way to go good luck again and yes on your measurements that should be fine the bigger the better peace

Alright thanks guys, i live in texas so im hoping our warm weather holds out for a while. What will kill a plant temperature wise, and how long for it to be done growing?

well the first frost is what kills it where im from.. usually

a lot of tlc and you should have some yield ,of some sorts ,growing out side , mother nature has a great deal of how quick they mature, and also the strain of seeds used, if the temps stay as good as they are now will help , another consideration is the amount of sun , the plants have a biological timer , and planted out doors they follow this timer pretty good ..........good luck.............

Well its surrounded by trees but its in a big empty patch. Just dug the hole earlier, 2x2 by 1.5-2 feet deep. Filled with miracle grow potting mix, which i hear is alright. Jeez... about 8 inches down i hit the biggest mother of a rock, took like an hour to dig her out, with digging bar and all. Like 120 lbs at least.
Well anyways my seedling is in the huge hole, gonna get lots of sun, hopefully it all works well. I'll start a journal in a bit. Thanks

Latest posts

Back