Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol my point was, everyones growing ww, time to grow something else lol

Where was i when this journal started? lol well glad to see that your off to a good start love the strains and will be looking forward to this grow good luck I'm off to bed night;)

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. :D I appreciate all of you checking in on my grow.

Mike, Yes, I know how it is to have the 'grow bug'. I got my seeds from a company called growshopalien. I had good luck with them but there is a thread on here re: Seedbanks http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Audix I'll keep your input in mind...I know that heat may be a problem, but I do have some options if that becomes a problem.

TBG Thanks for the Mojo!! :D I'm going to be watching the three of you with your WW grows!

Growdude I did get my CFL's last night and put the babies under it, they were very happy about that! ;)

I wanted to get a couple of the 40w CFL's but the package said that you have to use them with the 'base' down and my light was going to shine down with the 'base' up so I got 2 - 30w instead. I may have to get a couple more since these two are only giving me 3000 lumens. I'll have the grow space ready by Monday.

PB, it's so good to 'see' you!! Hope all is well! Thank you for your input!! :D Lots's of inside grows getting started that I'm going to be watching, with everyone likely to be paying special attention to the 'masters-grow' TBG/Mutt/StoneyBud WW grows

For ventilation, I planned to vent the exhaust out to a separate area in the attic with the 4" inline fan keeping it running 24/7. For intake air, I'm hoping that I can depend on passive air movement from the outside duct I'm setting up at the turbine vent. I'll be checking my new thermo-hygrometer often :hubba: If heat becomes an issue, I can get another 4" inline fan to incorporate into the air intake duct.

Rest Assured, PB, I appreciate the magnitude of my responsibility to these 'real genetics' I have in my posession... ;) :p I will do all I can to keep these babies happy, healthy, and productive! :D :aok: :ccc:

great start there bud yeah ill be keepin a eye on this grow to as i have some speedqueen seedlings ,proly only a week or so older than your seedlings in the veg room at the mo so yeah good luck with ya grow

Hey there Stoned, do you have a grow journal going, would love to see some pics of your SpeedQueen.

Is SpeedQueen a fast finisher? Like 5-6 flowering weeks or something crazy?

I remember reading up on like 100 different strains before I bought some beans, and It's all just one big blur after a while =)

I'll be watching your WW's especially, since I'm got some in the soil now =) Good luck with the girls Rdrose.

yeah harvest them around the 6week make yeah an na i havent started a gj of my speedqueen just got another gj going on my pretty n pink an aurora indica grow but ill ge onto it an start one up on the speedqueen grow soon

Hey Rdrose,
You've got a very nice selection of crop. You'll have a lot of fun growing indoors. I know you've done your homework in making it happen. Yes, don't be in a hurry to add nutes. I think that's one of the most important things I learned when I started my 1st grow. Wait till you get those babies under the 400 MH's. They are going take off. HTG must've stopped the free timer promotion. I'll keep an eye on your journal. - Herblover

:D Sure looks good. You made a wise choice on your FF soil. I used their soil and complete line of nutrients. They have a chart that tells you what and when to add the nutrients. My first grow I had bad burn, but I was very impatient and wanted quick results. :hairpull: On my second grow all FF that I would recomend because of what I saw in my second grow.
Glad you can vent to the attic, works great for me.
I have 2 ladies left Kaya and Twiggy 10 weeks flowering today. I harvested 4 Girls a while back. I am taking these two Girls to the max flowering. I will updat tonight with pictures.
Enough about my grow.
keep up the good work and you will be rewarded.
Looking forward to watch your grow :farm:

Mr.Unsleep said:
Is SpeedQueen a fast finisher? Like 5-6 flowering weeks or something crazy?

I remember reading up on like 100 different strains before I bought some beans, and It's all just one big blur after a while =)

I'll be watching your WW's especially, since I'm got some in the soil now =) Good luck with the girls Rdrose.

Hi MrU, thanks for stopping in.
I hear ya re: looking at so many different strains...:eek: and yes, SpeedQueen is supposed a fast finishing strain... 56 days of flowering. :holysheep: looking forward to a fast finish!

Herblover said:
Hey Rdrose,
You've got a very nice selection of crop. You'll have a lot of fun growing indoors. I know you've done your homework in making it happen. Yes, don't be in a hurry to add nutes. I think that's one of the most important things I learned when I started my 1st grow. Wait till you get those babies under the 400 MH's. They are going take off. HTG must've stopped the free timer promotion. I'll keep an eye on your journal. - Herblover

Good to see ya Herblover! Thanks for checking out my grow!

Oh, darn, I missed HTG's timer promotion! Would have been nice to get one of them...oh, well! We may have one in the garage, if not, Wal Mart of K Mart will have one. ;)

s21thomas said:
:D Sure looks good. You made a wise choice on your FF soil. I used their soil and complete line of nutrients. They have a chart that tells you what and when to add the nutrients. My first grow I had bad burn, but I was very impatient and wanted quick results. :hairpull: On my second grow all FF that I would recomend because of what I saw in my second grow.

Thanks for stopping by S21, I am happy w/my choice of FF soil, also. I have used some for some regular house plants, also and they are very happy with their new 'digs'! Did you get their nutrient use chart on the FF website?

Yeah, I am very much aware of giving nutes too soon...I lost 6 of my 10 WW seedlings last summer from major nute burn, and it was fish fertilizer I had used...Thank goodness those 4 made it thru and turned out to be 3 females and a male...so plenty of WW seed for future grows...:hubba:

Good luck with your last two ladies harvest!!

Hey Rdrose - All sounding good. Can't wait to see another pic of your babies.

Don't be too quick with the nutes first off. They'll start to let you know by the leaf color. Also look at the cotyledons (the first little round edge leaves that grow out from germination). As soon as they start to yellow, it is time for their first sip of nutrition. 1/4 to 1/2 strength. Watch your leaves and get ready to flush in 24 hours if your mix was too hot. Just had to do that to my Afghani's yesterday, and noted it with pics in my Afghani GJ........I'm just a little more daring and push the limits cuz I can.:hubba:

PB:)

Hey Rd, you really gonna like how they respond to the nutes when you give it to them. It's kinda like you get an instant growth srout. I dont know how your plants will take to it, but i gave my plant nutes with every feeding.I dont know if that bad to do. but they took to it really good wit no signs of nute burn. And the soil along seems to make seedlings strive + the nute, you gonna be in for a good surprise

Hey everyone, thanks for the nutrient info. I think I'll stick with PB's suggestion of waiting until the cotyledons start turning yellow before using the nutes, I'm a little 'nute-shy' (if that's a word...LOL) after the last grow. :eek:

Thank you S21 for the link to the FF chart. :D I ordered my 3 pack online and they didn't mention anything about having a feeding chart included.

Hey BFOK, I am really looking forward to seeing my plants really take off...they are looking very nice at the momemt. As the previous pics show, they were stretching, especially the WW, so I put more FFOC loosely around them and now they are standing up pretty as can be! :hubba:

Finishing up the grow room right now. Pics soon!

Hey Rd they gonna turn yellow in about 2-3 weeks maybe, well, mine did and that when i gave them the 1st drink of nutes. this the feeding i do with mine, i dont know if its what S21 posted (i dont have PDF on my laptop) but here it iz

Fox_Farms_Solubles_Feeding_Schedule.jpg

Latest posts

Back