Rdrose's SpeedQueen/WW indoor grow....let's see how this goes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rdrose,
You're babies are looking good. Regarding the high temps you are having, I think you will do just fine. My kids have lived in a 90+ degree environment for most of their existence. I made sure they had strong ventillation on the plant itself, this created a stronger vascular system. I feel high temps may have been the reason I had an mg issue. I also spritz the leaves with water every now and them to break leaf tension. - Herblover

allgrownup said:
Invest in a squirrel cage fan if you have the means. a decent dayton is like 80 bucks and will do what you want.

i believe my buddy said six seconds with proper free flow venting. thats how fast it drops the room 6 degree's. never tried it, so iam not saying its definatly true, he's very reliable in his information though :D they were designed incase the rooms started overheating and are kinda an emergency system??? someone correct me?

i dont know any specs for his exact fan.

Dc

Thanks Herblover, appreciate your input. I'll be going to a hydroshop nearby tomorrow to check a few things out and maybe get a few questions answered about my "tomatoes" ;)

I think if I keep the 'lights-on' period going at night, I won't have as much of a heat problem...but I am also looking at some other options...like I said, if I can get it down to a reasonable temp, somewhere in the 80's, I'll be happy...:)

Hey, Allgrownup, thank you so much for posting those pics, very helpful to see things.

I was at Lowe's today and actually had one of those in my hands, carrying it around the store trying to find the inline fans...which, after walking around the store and asking many different staff, I found out they did NOT carry...

I know the squirrel cage would work better, but I think I can make it work w/a 6" inline and one of those 'thingies' :confused2: on top of the hood. Then I think I'll use the 4" inline I'm using now for the exhaust, for the air intake...

Hey Rd hows it goin?? how many fans do you have in there?? if $ is a problem check out Home Depot i think it waz, they have an inline fan for about 25$ get 1 more probly and it may help. I hope. i knoe the battle of fighting the heat problem.

Hey there BFOK! Thanks for stopping by...I have just the one inline fan in there, but I'm going to get to Home Depot and get a 6" then put the 4" in a location that will allow better air intake. But I also have 2 - 6" inch fans for circulation inside the room.

ive been thinking on this for my grow room. have 1 fan at the top sence heat rise and 1 low to the ground for cool air. that may work.

Well, the babies are 16 days old now and I decided to give them a very diluted drink of FF Grow Big today. The directions say 1 tsp per gallon per watering. I gave them 1/4 tsp per gallon, I'm looking forward to seeing how they like it. :eek: LOL...or if they even notice such a small amount... :rolleyes:

The temp in my grow area has been between 84 and 87* today, the weather around here has cooled, I will be getting my 6" inline fan today and installing it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes...but I really think it is going to work.

Pic #1 is of the 4 SQ's, they are so bushy and green, very cool plants!

I plan to 'top' one or two of the SQ's so I took a pic of the stem area of one of them. I have never been really clear re: alternating nodes:
  • does it mean that the branches are exactly across from one another on the stem
  • OR does it mean that they are across from one another but one is higher than the other...
  • OR does that really matter? :confused2:
I decided to LST all of the WW's, pics #3 & #4 are of two that I did last night. They really respond quickly to it...! :D

SQ all.JPG

ATT00022.jpg

WW LST.JPG

WW 2 lst.JPG

it mean that they are across from one another but one is higher than the other you lil ladies are looking good. how are u likeing LST??? Your gonna do fine and yes they will notice the small amount of nutes. keep up the good work RD

Okay, thanks BFOK!! So mine are not there yet...that's okay...I'm patient...kinda... :rofl:

Oh, and I do like LST...it's fun and it gives you this pleasant feeling of 'control'... :hubba: :p

Hey Rdose - looking good. I can't wait to see them get bigger!

I wired up and installed my new 6" inline exhaust fan today ~ reconfigured the grow area, the 4" is now a cool air intake fan...:aok:

Lights and fans are hooked up and running for 2+ hours now...temps are at...
***drum roll PLEASE!!*** ...81.4*F

AND I did it myself...:cool: :hubba: ...Oh yeah!! :cool2:

:lama: :lama: :lama: :lama:

glad to see your temps droped did you get the fan blunt full of kush said to ?and your growis looking very very nice hope to see some more picks soon .. we are about the same spot into our grow i just transplanted mine to its final pot yesterday so its kind of droopy i hope it perks up tommorow .;. good luck in the coming days

Hi tom-tom, yes, I did get the 6"inline fan from Home Depot. It moves a whole lot more air out of the room. Thanks for stopping by, I've been watching your grow, too, looking good!

I've noticed over the past 5-7 days a slight mottled yellowing of the leaves on 2 of four WW's, between the veins of the leaves.

I thought it was just the effect of the CFL's shining on the leaves, but now I see that is not the case, it has gotten worse since I transplanted them into their permanent homes on the 9th. Now I'm also seeing it on a couple of my SpeedQueens... not sure if it is a nutrient deficiency or too much water (the soil has been very damp and I think I've corrected the drainage proble w/the new pots).

• Ph of water coming out of pot is 6.5
  • Using FF Ocean Forest Potting Soil
  • Nutes: Big Bloom and Grow Big, 1/4 tsp each per gallon of water.
Take a look:

1st pic: it is the lower leaf of the plant that is most affected, I took it yesterday, today, it is much worse, likely because of the stress of the transplanting.

2nd pic: is all the babies in their new home, I only have room for 6 of the rectangular tubs, so two WW are still in their small pots until 'somebody' starts to show their 'sex'.

Thanks! :)

ATT00040.jpg

ATT00043.jpg

they need to eat RD. boost that dose of nutes up. how often do you feed them???me, i like to go every 2day or so, no more then 3days. a good way to tell is to pick ya pot up after a good water and see how heavy it is. then let a day or 2 go by and pick it up and see how light it is. By the way you doing great dont worry

BluntFullOfKush said:
they need to eat RD. boost that dose of nutes up. how often do you feed them???me, i like to go every 2day or so, no more then 3days. a good way to tell is to pick ya pot up after a good water and see how heavy it is. then let a day or 2 go by and pick it up and see how light it is. By the way you doing great dont worry

Hey there BFOK, I sprayed the leaves w/some Epsom Salt water for two days until they were ready for another watering then added my FF nutes. I read ALL the labels this time and noticed that I wasn't giving them nearly enough...:eek: they are doing great now, I'll have updated pics soon! :aok:

Hey Rose - I like the tubs you have them in. Can't wait to see updated pics of your babies. Sounds like you got your ferts situation remedied.

PB:)

DankCloset said:
no transplanting?

The only two that need transplanting are the WW's in the smaller pots, and I'm considering transplanting them into something a little bigger, but I don't have room for anymore of the large bins in my grow area. My plan is to wait and see how many females/males I get and transplant at that time.

I'd like to get a male of each strain to cross w/a female of each strain, then the males can live outside of the grow room until I am ready to pollinate a couple of branches of the females I want to cross...

Latest posts

Back