Ready, set, go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news, jackson :)

I would switch to the hps when you see pistils (when it starts flowering) - about 15 - 20 days.

IMO, bad humidity is humidity high enough to cause bud rot. I deal with high humidity by keeping good air circulation going inside the box all the time, otherwise I don't bother about it at all.

Maybe I'll learn something new today... good question :hubba:

ArtVandolay said:
Great news, jackson :)

I would switch to the hps when you see pistils (when it starts flowering) - about 15 - 20 days.

IMO, bad humidity is humidity high enough to cause bud rot. I deal with high humidity by keeping good air circulation going inside the box all the time, otherwise I don't bother about it at all.

Maybe I'll learn something new today... good question :hubba:

Well, that's cool. being that i have to try in order to get the humidity up to 40% i don't have to worry about it this time it looks like. I will wait for others to chime in also but i think i'm on the right track with i until flower and I will let it drop to the 25%. I just don't want to have to run the humidity deal if I don't have to.

Next update not that there is much interest here but maybe this will help someone down the road.

First, all six baby girls are doing very well and already have the second set of leaves growing, small but i will take it since it's only been 8 days in 3 hours officially.

I mounted the Vortex inline fan and man it is a beast. Plenty of air movement. I need my fan control to come in for sure to chill out the beast a little. I mounted it between the attic chute i call it. All that it is, is a boxed in access about 1' 5" tall and squared approximately that the Vortex fan fits perfectly in. I then cut a six inch hole in the plywood that closes the access and then took a 1 inch holesaw and added 4 holes for ventalation for th fan to keep it cool. So it's kind of in my attic and kind of not but its protected from heat and cold and the space offers room temps for the vortex.

I also fired the 400 up tonight just to do a run through, safety check and decide if i want the ballast inside or outside of the tent and then i closed the tent up. no ventalation with just about 1 foot unzipped for some flow and it is only 80 degrees in the tent. Easily vented and I can see I will be able to conrol any heat issues easily.

I also tried the super lumens thing on the new Lumetek ballast's and I'm not clear that there is much of a differnece at least to the human eye but we will see. I might use it the last week or something.

Other than that the girls are doing good as far as I can tell so this is a good update.

I will post pictures once i get comfortable with the security of it. I had a friend on here tell me everything is cool and I believe them I just need to believe it too.

ETA - The super lumens thing is a big difference in heat. Jumped to 91 degrees from 80 just in a matter of 10 minutes. Something to watch out for and adjust fans accordingly.

Latest posts

Back