Red Stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlndrzFlash

Reaction score
My girls ( and I think 1 guy) are almost in flower. Some of them are looking a bit droopy and some of the fan leaves are yellowing.:eek:
BUT, what I see are the sicker looking ones are RED STEMS. I read somewhere that this means a nute deficiency. I looked and looked and can't find that thread.
Can someone tell me what the red stems mean?:eek:
Other than this the plants look real good and are now about 3' tall. Wil try to post pics later.
Thanks for any help forthcoming

are the leafs changing color? or just the stems. mine has just a little purple red on the sun leaves stems. always has. thats just her make up..but if the whole staock and leaves are changing. then you either have a purple. light problem/tempproblem. or its sick

I am more worried about the yellowing leaves than the red stems. What kind of ferts are you using? What is your PH? What kind of growing medium?

hey it can be a sign of nute defi, or some strains do that as well. take a look at the 2nd link in my singature it will help you to figure out what it could be. what have you been feeding and how often, ph? all that good stuff

I have one of those Ferry and Morse ph testers that I don't really care for. I have been VERY stingy on giving nutes as I don't want to overdo it. I'll try to get a good ph # and see where I am. Thanks

me personally. its a soil grow. Ionic solutions is the nutes company i use.

i had the same ph tester. i wouldn't trust it. if you haven't been feedin them anything then it could be that they are turning yellow because they're hungry.theres so many things it could be pics would help alot. its hard for anyone to say with out seeing it.

I took pics but can't post them now due to to much traffic around the computer in the house. I got a new ph tester and came up with 5.0-5.25 in MG soil that is now abgout 2 months old with only a smattering of nutes since the plants started to grow.
The leave that are getting to me are banana yellow and one has brown tips as it starts to curl.
With a low ph I think maybe I have been to shy with nutes and need to feed 'em.

I don't have the patience to figure out how to post pics even though I did it before. Thank You for the help, I will be adding nutes today.

FlndrzFlash said:
I don't have the patience to figure out how to post pics even though I did it before. Thank You for the help, I will be adding nutes today.
if you have a nute lockout it's no good adding more nutes, you need to raise that ph to allow the plant to absorb the nutes

get some lime

peace

I added some garden lime got the ph up to 6.5 or so. Do I need to wait a day or two to add nutes? I am transplanting these ladies into the wild Friday morning as I willl be going away for a week.

6.5 is good. i would wait a several days before adding anything else to the soil to see how it responds to the ph adjustment

In a situation like you have I would flush the plant in case of nute build-up in the medium. Use pH corrected water for the flush, and your plant will get a fresh start. As slomo77 said, don't add any nutes until you see what gets released from lock-out.

Latest posts

Back