Rednecks😁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1646177365789.png

the dentist left it on the tray and I snatched it up when she wasn’t looking

tiny amount of blood…one gauze and it was out an hour later and I was eating tomato soup in a bread bowl….

an hour later and I just had a big bowl of goulash

I've gotten a lot of good deals on guns in my life, but I think the best was at a gun show in Birch Run. I spotted an AR7, original ArmaLite, at a table. The dude that had the table was regaling the guy next to him about how he'd bought a Colt Python 6" off an old lady that's husband had died. She was afraid to have it in the house. He offered her a whopping $150 for it and she sold it to him. He then proceeded to tell about another time he'd paid a widow $100 for a WWII Naval Luger.
He finally gets done bragging (honestly, pissing me off), and I ask him what he wants for the AR. He says, "I don't know what happened to the barrel and action. All that I got was the stock." The stock was that ugly mottled green/ black/tan one that Armalite first came out with. I asked to see it and he handed it to me. I made a big show of looking where the action bolted up to the stock, telling him that that's where they all crack.(they don't) I gave it a nod of approval and asked him how much he wanted for it. He said $25. I laughed and offered $15. We settled on twenty.

I walked over a couple of isles and popped the butt pad off the stock. Sure as the dickens, there's the barrel, action, and two spare mags.

If I hadn't heard him talking about screwing those two old gals, I'd have showed him that there was more than a stock there.

Still have it. Figured it was my "karma" piece.

Last edited:
Picked this up at the local hardware store for $199. Made in Russia in 1954.
View attachment 290166

The ammo for today's outing. Made in China corrosive 7.62x39. $150 for a spam can of 750 rounds.
View attachment 290167
You probably already know this if you are into these. That ammo lasts darn near forever but is usually very corrosive, cleaning after shooting a must.

The average person can get a C&R license (I think it's called, and these older weapons can be bought like a loaf of bread if your State doesn't ban them.
Bubba

Latest posts

Back