refrigerating before drying to turn blue????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have never done it myself but i understand that some people grow herb to sell much like a car manufacturer makes cars in order to make money.now keeping that in mind i would guess that is why some people are all about the purps or blues or whatev.we all know that it's whats under the hood that matters(and a good warranty although that does not apply to buds)but some people just need to drive that purple car.i,ve smoked some good purps,here in maine a lot of stuff goes purple outdoor due to the night time temps but it certainly does not make anything more potent.i don't like my herb too green though nice and golden is my fave:)

Yep Proto, some are selling. Some of us actually are just looking to grow the best and prettiest bud we can...call it vanity. I am as vain as the next, I prefer my friends see me smoking (and growing) beautiful buds with great highs...but I am not ashamed to smoke the killer yet ugly bud either.

Fact:

Purple plants consistently test lower levels of THC.

Get ya some eatable paint and paint yur buds blue.:hubba: Make sure to use the Male Stems from a White Widow.:doh:
Just playen wit ya.

lmao...blue male widow stems!

People must like those purps, I see it grown a lot. Me? Give me some KUSH!!!!!!

lol, i see a lot of buds that go purple because of temps here and it ALWAYS seems to be that those buds are MUCH less potent/nice tasting/smelling.

Bag appeal matters to the street dealer, not to us.

:yeahthat: x10
many wise inputs on this subject.. I'd second or fifth the "bag appeal" theory of why people want to change bud colors.. kinda like they make hotwheels that change color... "Boost them sales baby!! Get them kids In-To-It."
but also I think some people just want to experiment for the sake of learning everything they can when it comes to mind; lest ye forget after the next hit. :hubba: (write it down)
:peace:

Melvan2 said:
Bag appeal matters to the street dealer, not to us.
Sorry, I will have to disagree. Ask Hammy why he continues to post those beautiful pics of his wonderful work if looks didn't matter...couldn't just posting weight and high report do it for all of us wanting to know? And no, I'm not knocking you, Hammy, please keep posting the beauties, I LOVE to look!

Sure, we all want the best high, but looks do matter to many of us, I'd wager MOST of us. I'm guessing I'm no more vain than most here. :)

ishnish said:
:yeahthat: x10
many wise inputs on this subject.. I'd second or fifth the "bag appeal" theory of why people want to change bud colors.. kinda like they make hotwheels that change color... "Boost them sales baby!! Get them kids In-To-It."
but also I think some people just want to experiment for the sake of learning everything they can when it comes to mind; lest ye forget after the next hit. :hubba: (write it down)
:peace:
Right...and pics of beautiful buds highlights our ability just as much as the high and the yield. We could lie about high and yield, but pics say alot.

Killuminati420 said:
lol, i see a lot of buds that go purple because of temps here and it ALWAYS seems to be that those buds are MUCH less potent/nice tasting/smelling.
This is probably true...but what about the strains that are supposed to change color? Are you saying these aren't worth buying because they're inferior to the other strains??

Roddy said:
This is probably true...but what about the strains that are supposed to change color? Are you saying these aren't worth buying because they're inferior to the other strains??
yes

but doing things specifically for color, as hick says, only reduces the quality of the smoke due to deficiency. I'd rather have a bag that looks like crap and kicks my butt than looks pretty and leaves me saying, "is this oregano?"

I understand the appeal of being able to say "I have blue weed" kind of like having blue meth on Breaking Bad, but those beautiful buds Hammy shows are what pot becomes naturally, it doesn't need the help of the fridge to look any prettier.

And neither do yours Roddy! They're pretty like they are.:)

Ahh, gotcha Melvan! And THANKS!!! :)

And I'll not be buying the purps then lol, THANKS!!

Personally, I like a purple strain outdoors. Much easier to hide them from the choppers, if you peg them they're pretty much undetectable. The majority of the time they look for those big, green plants in the middle of everything else starting to die off. Perk of the purples is that from the air they look like all the plants around them, changing colors because it's fall.

I'm....ummm....guessing I should ignore the suggestions to turn the lights off the last two weeks of budding for the White Widow....lmao

I think the lights will be off just fine in the jar in my safe lol

good point on purps outdoors, but I'm not going to grow outdoors due to the laws. I would have to build a cage bigger than the plant will grow so it can't be touched from any point including the top.

Did someone really tell you to turn off the lights completely for the last 2 weeks of flower? OMG, that would be so not good!

I read an interview with ED Rosenthal, and he said to turn the lights of for the last 48 to 72 hours on ALL Strains and to harvest them with lights off,, I guess its a trichome and resin thing they really go bannans in that last dark and gets lots of resins in da buds. I do not know though! New at this!

To properly use the freezer method, you need to have access to vacuum sealable bags. Its very important to remove all air from the bag because the remaining air could dry the bud, and ruin the flavor. The only downside to this is you may have some squished buds. After placing the marijuana into the sealable bag and removing the air, place into your freezer. The great thing is, mold and fungus will not grow in freezing conditions. When it comes time to smoke, you don't need to thaw, just blaze away!

Latest posts

Back