Repotting techniques?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BizzyHigh

Club Treasurer
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Today i was planning on repotting my month and a half old about 9"in tall plant into a large container with a new soil mixture. I am not sure if there are any techniques of how to do this procedure smoothly but i would love some personal pointers (i'm just trying not to stress it to much right now). Thanks for the help and also does anyone have any recommendations for a good soil mixture at about a month of vegetation? Thanks again!

Hey Bizzy.

Wait till the existing potted plant soil is dry. It will pull away from the pot and be easier to manage. Put your hand over the top of the pot with the main stem in between your two middle fingers, and turn upside down. Your roots should be grown enough to hold your existing soil mix together for this. If not, it is not really time to repot.....Lift the pot off your root ball, and plant it in your new location.

You should already have the new location ready to accept your new root ball. Finish by filling the new pot with your soil, and water until you see water come out of the drain holes in your new pot. Make sure you have plenty off drainage holes in the bottom. MJ does not like to sit in the water for long.........

PB:)

i water lightly before transplant, so the complete pot comes out in one- and yeah, have the transplant pot ready and it should cause no stress whatsoever, if done correctly (and quickly), then water in well.

Latest posts

Back