reservior level in dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
about to fire up the air pumps up and get my fisrt dwc set up going. Im using three 5 gallon buckets, 8inch net pots, one air pump per bucket each with 2 air stones. How far should the net pots sit into the water? and ...... how much water to use in those babies

Im also using a simalar setup and i fill the res. untill i seen the nut. sulution in the clay balls almost to the top of the rockwool...one suggestion that i would make is to go to ur local pet store and buy a 5inch bubble disck insted of the 2 airstones you plain to use this will put off twice the amout of air Helping the plant to grow faster.... Ive tried just airstones and have much better results with the 5 inch bubble disck:aok: :banana:

so the net pots dont need to actually be submerged into the water correct? if this is true how do the roots get feed if there not touching the water yet? If anyone can tell me where a good dwc grow guide is i would be greatly appreciated. I been having to piece this process together from various posts and alot of googling

the splashin of the water from the bubbles will moisten the rocks enuf to make the roots grow. the roots will find the water. they will grow down into it.

pcduck said:
The net pot should be positioned right above the nute solution. Once roots have reached the rez, I fill nutes to the 3 gallon mark and top off with ph adjusted water when needed.
yup

Weeddog said:
the splashin of the water from the bubbles will moisten the rocks enuf to make the roots grow. the roots will find the water. they will grow down into it.
Uh-huh

Latest posts

Back