Reuse Soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I use FFOF and was wondering if I could reuse the soil after a grow.

I know the roots need to be thoroughly removed from growing veggies, I am sure this is the same for pot.

I do have espoma bone meal for renewing the nitrogen levels. I figure I could just mix that in and use the same nutes I use for flowering when that time comes.

Any thoughts? I am almost to the point to where either I need to buy more, or replenish what I have and reuse.

PS, I am aware that the bugs or fungus could be an issue. I just want to know if its advisable as long as you know what the downsides are.

I've been using the same soil for the past 3 years amending accordingly... I like alfalfa meal soy meal greensand azomite bone meal

yuup...Amend and reuse..again....and again...and again....

:48:

Yes you either love them or hate them... I'm hating him cuz they dry out too quickly for me and the five gallon size is size is a little bit wider than tall... I like tall

Re use it...it is fine.. just add some amendments like you are talking. Smart pots are reusable and I really like them for the root growth.

Hey Budz; If you are using all synthetic nutrients during veg and flower, then it doesn't matter about amending the soil as you are feeding them manually. But if you are using the soil more as organic setup then you definitely will need to amend it and add in some beneficial microbes to chelate the amendments for the next set of plants. :)

I re-use my soil but after my spider might infestation I threw out all my soil. I don't know if they live there but better safe than sorry.

Wat is the epsoma bone meal u speak of? Where can u purchase it? And do u jus mix it in enough to even it out so to speak?

The Espoma line of organic nutrients is a really good line and you can order it online to be delivered to your door or you can get some of it at the Lowes/home depot home improvement stores. Unfortunately, right now those stores aren't carrying a lot of that stuff as it isn't the grow season. There are several things that they offer that is good for amending your soil. Bone meal, sea kelp, garden tone, dolomite lime, are all important to a good organic soil and should be mixed into a larger soil medium and watered in to allow the microbes to do their work.

Most people who do organics will get large bins and purchase organic soil base and then add in these amendments and allow the soil to sit for several weeks while continually keeping it moist and turning it over repeatedly to allow the soil to get plenty of aeration to keep the microbes healthy and working.

Latest posts

Back