Rewiring This hps Light...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umbo1991

Reaction score
Was goin to get hXXp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?recordId=4282&List=List&storeZip=02917&state_1=&langId=-1&store=&storeCity=Smithfield&rough=Value&productId=100405569&jspStoreDir=hdus&errorViewName=StoreFinderView&city=&storeState=RI&catalogId=10053&catalogId=10053&zip=02896&storeId=10051&distance_1=50"] i was wondering how would I wire it to make indoor would i have to buy a ballast or could i take it apart and rewire it????

try not to have direct links to outside site...they frown on that okay...That light has a Ballast inside...they also have a 70 watt HPS..and I think theres a DIY on one here somewhere...that will only cover a 2sq ft i believe...someone that uses those will chime in..just hang tight this is world wide site..as for re-wireing one I would look for GrowDude...I think he is Octobers MVP..and from what Ive read Is who I would look to for help on electric...hope this helps..Take care and be safe:48:

Thanks 4u2smoke,

If you get that just take it apart and remove the socket, use extension cord to lengthen it from the ballast.

Its just 2 wires so it shouldn't be to hard.

put tape over the photocell. That particular model has an integrated circuit for the dusk till dawn cell not like the 70w on up. easiest way is just slap black tape over it instead of by-passing it by re-wiring it. ;)
I'd go with the 70w over the 50w not much more both put out about the same heat.

Exactly as Mutt says, tape over the photocells is the best and simpliest solution, ive a batch of 150w and 250w electronic ballasts and thats what I do as the colour coding of the wiring to the photocells vary for some strange reason.

balorevileye said:
as the colour coding of the wiring to the photocells vary for some strange reason.

i noticed that too. but i just mapped the circuit out, but i went to college for that kinda stuff...harder for the hobby grower to figure out which is which. and esp with the 50w can easily blow the board out if you wire it wrong and be 50 bucks in the hole...black tape is the better way to go. :)

Latest posts

Back