Rockwool way too wet i think......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceface

Space Cadet
Reaction score
hey all...ok...i currently gotta a MI5 auto grow going...im growing in 3 inch rockool cubes...that will be put into 3 gallon hempy buckets consisting of perlite....my problem is this....i believe my wool is too wet...it still has a ton of water from when they were soaked.....the seedlings are are growing slow...i believe this is because the wool is to saturated with water...i tried wicking the water out using a towel....but this is slow....im worried that they might get root rot or stem rot....what should i do to remove this extra moisture?....should i just put them into the perlite hempy buckets and let the perlite suck out the moisture?....or is there another way?...im pretty confused about how wet the wool should be...it just seems way to wet and its really not drying out....and ideas?...thanks as always....space

you could let the perlite wick it just dont let it dry out completely

thanks zem....i appreciate it...well...i think im gonna have to do it....they just seem to wet....this is a new grow method for me...all other grows were in soil...so im still making my way around the learning curve...should i bury the whole cube?...thanks...space

you can bury it completely it is not a must but it will prevent any algae growth on the RW cube. dont worry space :) this is not a hard method, you will do just fine ;)

thanks again....i dunno.....im pretty convinced that theses seeds are just bad...after slow growth to no growth....i mean literally the status of the seedlings has not changed in 2 days....its like they gave up...seriously....ive never seen a seedling grow this slow...honestly...imo...they have just halted growth....i put two under my hps light because i figured they were not getting enuff light from the floro....no response from the hps light at all....im serious....its like they are stuck....and dont wanna grow....any ideas before i just toss them into the garbage....and how about a recommendation for a new seed bank....im not buying from attitude ever again...space

Don't bail on them, space! They'll be fine! They're growing roots now, not vegetation :)

dude they might freeze for much longer than 2 days, wait be patient, dont get the hps close, better keep em under fluros and wait, they will soon start growing quickly :)

Hey, space! The kush, on the right, is 20 days old. The HBD on the left is 15 days and not more than 2" high.

Small (1024 x 768).jpg

As I mentioned, they're growing roots the first few weeks. The 5 days difference between these 2 plants is what happens when the roots hit the reservoir :hubba:. Hope this helps :D

ok ok ok.....i wont bail....im sorry i keep having these patience problems....i just always assume the worse off top....right now one is under a floro and the two biggers are under my hps about 2-3 ft away... i put them into the buckets last nite Art cause i thought my rockwool was to wet and wanted to suck out moisture....i didnt water the bucket and the wool seems to be already drying out....should i water the bucket Art?....you guys... i really appreciate your comments and such....honestly if it wasnt for you guys and this site...i would have bailed and saif "f" it....and started over....so i am very appreciative of yous and the rest of the community....as always....space

I water seedlings twice a day to keep the rockwool moist. Just enough to wet them. It's going to be a few weeks before you need to get runoff out the res hole, so I try not to let all that water sit in the res for those first few weeks.

ok...thanks Art...then i will have to drain the rez then...i filled it up untill water was coming out the hole....i cant put the other two back under floros....i mean i have enuff...i just dont have enuff hardware to hang them above the plants...so i diluted the hps light with mesh screening....it reduced the amount of light significantly...like they are in the shade....space

Patience is tough for sure but i just think also that MI5 is a slow starter that finishes strong. I also started 3 MI5 and 3 Onyx seeds on Friday after work and it feels like its been a month already. Nothings popped yet for me either. I didn't germ over night in water or scuff the seeds with an Emory board like that grow bible suggests as one way to do it. I just tossed them in 6 different rapid rooter plugs and set the heat mat at about 75 degrees, 77 - 78 degrees under the dome and 44% humidity and I'm hoping for the best. I will be good once I see some plant peeking out. Can't wait for that.

What are you going to use for nutes? I'm starting to feel the pressure as well here. Now I'm questioning everything.

Good luck to you on your grow Space.

thanks jackson....i hope its a slow starter...because it seems like nada is happening at all....i mean nothing....one of them has a set of two leaves...thats it and it dosent seem like its doing anything...the other two are above the soil but still havent unfolded their baby leaves...its weird they are just sitting there....im gonna be using earth juice nutes with added cal/mg....ill take a pic and show you what i mean dude....and thanks on the luck....i wish it to you as well friend.....

here they are...the ones with the leaves on it are the ones under the diluted hps...the other one with the shell still on it is the slowest and is the one under the floro...

SANY1267.JPG

SANY1272.JPG

SANY1273.JPG

they are looking good Art....growing slowly but surely....the veins are a bit pale green...maybe time for a a bit of nutes?....and anyone know whats going on with the rep?...where did all my rep go?.....i will be updating the journal later today Art....

spaceface said:
they are looking good Art....growing slowly but surely....the veins are a bit pale green...maybe time for a a bit of nutes?....and anyone know whats going on with the rep?...where did all my rep go?.....i will be updating the journal later today Art....

WAAAAY too soon for nutes.;)

You are just going to have to learn patience my friend.

Mother Nature will not be rushed, and that's a fact.

Go slow, and it will grow.;)

DD

Agreed with Droopy....nutes at this stage will probably kill those little things. Youve got a few weeks before you need to add any nutes bud.

Latest posts

Back