root rot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigb

Reaction score
has anyone heard of a product called root excavator, its suppose to reverse brown roots and make them healthy again.
if anyone has used this could you tell me how well it works and if its worth the 75 bucks a bottle.
also how u mixed it?

thanks,

Im completley new to hydro mind you, so take this as you please.

I was reading about NFT systems experiencing a lot of root rot as the plans stretch more and more for water. This also happens when theyve grown so big in their system that they suck up all the oxygen and experieince that. So, they use that product to clean up all that may be dying from this, and digest it into the water as nutrients for the plants. Pretty trick.

If youre using a dwc, might be useful to use a little I would think if youre experiencing something similar, but I cant imagine itd be useful for other sources, so long as youre not over watering.

Hope that helps.

it could be from the stretching than, i was wondering cause the dude at the hydro store swears by this root excavator,so he gave me a free sample of it.
the dude at hydro store uses the waterfarms for his grow and thats what i have this plant in. its on the opposite side of the house were im growing my other plants.
he was tellin me its the only product that will reverse root rot.

i use hygrozyme for the same thang except it only cost like 15 bucks a bottle. it works real good in my dwc turning broken down roots into food instead of letting it hurt the plant.

that would work good but im not trying to turn my roots into food for plant im trying to save the root and make it turn white again,
dude said it works just curious if anyone else had bought it and used

it doesnt turn healty roots to food jus roots that are dead and floating around in your rez. could u post a pic of the roots o maybe give a description of how they look? are they by chance covered in black slime? that happened to my boi b4 because he used a white bucket instead of a black one.

bigb said:
that would work good but im not trying to turn my roots into food for plant im trying to save the root and make it turn white again,
dude said it works just curious if anyone else had bought it and used

Are your roots slimy and stinky? Brown really dont matter, alot of nutes sorta stain roots.

I use waterfarms and have never had root rot, I leave the dripper run 24/7 so its pumping air into my rez all the time.
I have a mother plant thats been in a waterfarm well over a year,I never trim the roots growing thru the holes either, no problems.

Dont believe the hydro store guys they just wanna make a buck in most cases.

thanks growdude, no their not slimy or stinky as of right now, i told dude at store he told me it could have been that as well or the floralicous i use, i think thats y he gave me a free sample of the root excavator.

thanks

Latest posts

Back