Roots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYDRO333

BIG Things >>>POPPIN<<<
Reaction score
Ive heard that heat is bad for roots so my Q is how do i keep them cool.
My pot is black and that attracts heat also the side of the pot is really warm and the top of the soil.

I wouldn't worry about that as long as the temp stays around 75-85 int he grow room. My pots prolly get realllllllly hot, it's 100 degree days around here and my pots are black as well. I have never had a single problem. I think it's fine it'd just be bad for like, the soil to be dry ccausing cracks to form in the soil and exposing the roots to direct light. THAT'D be bad, as long as the roots are under soil, i believe they're fine. Take cae bro and i hope this helps!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

You could always cover the pots with aluminium foil.

Nah you don't want anything reflective to get under NEATH the leaves, it'll cause the plant to think another plant is growing next to it, so it competes for light and sky rockets causing it to stretch. Do not put mylar or reflectant material beneath the plants.

~Burn one~
Dewayne

heat is actually good for your roots....its like another eco system for your plant.....the earth is natrually warm am i correct?
using a heat pad of some sort u can place one under your pots during the day and turn it off at night for great root growth.

Yeah, i have heard that somewhere, I didn't think heat was bad for your roots unless directly exposed, such as bare root out of soil in heat, that's not goo dbut yeah.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

I was told that the extra warmth helps fire up the microbial action, just like anyhydrous Ammonia, (seriously nasty stuff and can kill you easy). The farmers shove the ammonia under the soil to fire up the bacteria and microbes , and both chemical and heat start this happening and that's when you get this great production of nitrogen. so I was told.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

The only way your gonna get enough heat in your roots to damage them is if your soil is not fully composted. Uncomposted material produces its own heat and in worst case senario can burn up your roots. At the least discouring them to grow healthy. Remeber, your roots feed you bud, no root, no bud, more root, MO BUD!!

Soil temperatures should remain within the same range as optimum air temps. For vigorous, healthy growth, moderate temps between 70 and 80 degrees are best. Absolute minimums and maximums are difficult to pinpoint, as all cannabis grows differently under different circumstances. Some strains can withstand a mild frost or two before dying, some can withstand the heat of the tropics, but constant, extreme temperatures will slow growth significantly. Soil temperature becomes a problem when it gets too hot, as is sometimes the case when compost that has not been properly decomposed is added to the soil. When compost rots, heat is given off during the process. This can cause problems to the roots of a plant. Make sure that any compost you use has been fully decomposed before you add it to your soil.

Latest posts

Back