Roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfh0636

Reaction score
My roots are growing out of my rockwool cubes. I have the six inch cubes and the roots are probably sticking a good 3-4 inches would it be bad to cut them?

dont cut them, put into netpot with hydroton. just leave um be. what hydro setup? you could set them onto a larger cube....

Its a flood and drain set up. I have five plants in all. Could I just fill the tray with stones or gravel or something around the cubes? Or just cover the whole tray with plastic and leave them alone? A friend of mine told me you had to trim the roots up. Theres also some mold on them he said that maybe the reason for them being moldy.

Fill your tray with some type of hydro rocks and get some covers for the rockwool cube to stop the algae growth. The algae will lead to fungus knats.
You could also just cover your tray and cubes with a light proof cover of some kind, black plastic or panda film.

yes, hydro ton and leave them be. wash hydroton well before use. it will be powdery and can cause clogs.

grow shops also sell coco mats for that purpose. your roots will grow throughout and under the mat.

many growing in cubes do that. you can also stak ontop of another cube or slab.

If your only growing five plants in your ebb and flow hydroton is a great way to go. YOu can save some cash by only buying a 5 liter or so bag of it ( way easier to wash, washing out hydroton sucks and un washed will stain your tray) and filling special square pots that come with plenty of drain holes. They are available at most hydro stores this will also allow you to move the taller plants to the outside of your tray and spread out the light distribution more evenly.

Latest posts

Back